UPDATE:Bariatric Advantage Shakes...

Missy A.
on 8/1/12 5:44 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
are nasty. And I am only on day 1of this pre-op diet. Eighteen more days to go. I tried putting sf peanut butter syrup in the chocolate, but it really didn't help. I used two tbls, is that enough or too much? What other ideas do you have? I have 8 different sf syrups and chocolate, banana and orange cream protein mix. (just wish I was required to use BA protein mix)!!!

Misy

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

poet_kelly
on 8/1/12 5:54 am - OH
Do you like coffee?  A spoonful of instant coffee makes just about any chocolate shake better.

What didn't you like about it?  Too sweet, not sweet enough, bad smell, what?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Missy A.
on 8/1/12 6:06 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
No I don't like coffee. It wasn't sweet enough. Just very bland tasting. I tried making it into a thick shake, tried drinking one thinner and neither were sweet enough. Do you think a packet or two of Splenda would help that?

Missy

Missy

poet_kelly
on 8/1/12 6:11 am - OH
Yeah, try adding some Splenda.

You know, to play around with it, I would try makings some small shakes.  Like, use three ounces of milk or water and about 1/3 scoop of protein powder. That way if you make something that's yucky, you didn't waste a whole bunch of expensive protein powder.

You can put sugar free chocolate syrup in it if it's bland tasting.  If you put it in the blender with ice, you'll get something thicker and more like a milkshake.

You could try putting the chocolate in some sugar free hot chocolate, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/1/12 6:11 am - Baltimore, MD
See, I could make suggestions but some come with calories.

If you are looking for no calorie, try a bit of Splenda and a dash of cinnamon (chocolate and cinnamon pair really well together plus you get the anti-inflammatory benefits).

If you are allowed to tweak, try a few teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder to amp up the chocolate factor.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Missy A.
on 8/1/12 6:14 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
Just so you know, I did read your recipes on your blog before I posted this question. Thank you for ALL your suggestions and recipes!

Missy

Missy

GraceGirl
on 8/1/12 6:14 am
I did not like them either. hope you find something to make them better. For me it was the smell and texture.

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

stlfocus
on 8/1/12 6:26 am - IA
Try the non-milky ones such as Isopure, which is more like a koolaid.  I liked them a lot better, but some people on this forum hate them.

I also used premade EAS AdvantEDGE shakes in chocolate fudge or dark chocolate.  They are about $5.00 for a 4 pack.  Strawberry and vanilla are OK, but I prefer the chocolates.  Much better than Unjury or any other protein powders I tried.

They are mostly yucky I agree with you.  You have to keep trying to find what works for you.

Missy A.
on 8/1/12 11:26 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
I actually like the Unjury and Jay Robb ones, but my surgeon requires me to be on the BA until after my surgery (Aug. 20). 

Missy

Missy

Btrue2u
on 8/1/12 11:38 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Drink it with a straw and suck it back

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 563 views
What's on your Monday Menu?