Syntrax Nectar Sample pack

Kelly L.
on 8/2/12 3:31 am, edited 8/2/12 3:46 am - San Jacinto, CA
 Got my order today.. Please GOD let me like one of these!
2- Fuzzy Naval
1- Caribbean Cooler
1-Roadside Lemonade
1-Vanilla Bean Torte
1- Cappuccino
2- Chocolate Truffle
2- Double Stuffed Cookie
Nothing seems to make my pouch happy these days and no matter how hard I try I CANNOT get enough protein or calories into me. My gut HURTS! Like I have been beaten. Swing a chicken, chant or pray.. Whichever you prefer just PLEASE let one of these work for me. Thank you.. I'm out.

HW 274. CW 129

Price S.
on 8/2/12 3:45 am - Mills River, NC
It doesn't have some I want to try.  I like fuzzy navel with a tube of crystal light orange or citrus in 36/48 oz of water.  I like the caribbean cooler with mango peach crystal light or cran peach.  I also really like the lemon tea, esp with peach mango crystal light or peach tea. 

Hope one works for you.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 8/2/12 3:49 am
RNY on 09/17/12
Swing a chicken...HAHAHAHA.  That made me laugh.  Let us know how they are, because I've got some too but I've been afraid to try them

Shannon
ShebasMom
on 8/2/12 5:03 am
Revision on 07/05/16
I love to add the Chocolate Truffle, Vanilla Bean or Cappuccino to a cup of coffee (temp < 130 degrees or it will curdle). I add a little spenda or stevia to sweeten.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

Kelly L.
on 8/2/12 1:04 pm - San Jacinto, CA
On August 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM Pacific Time, ShebasMom wrote:
I love to add the Chocolate Truffle, Vanilla Bean or Cappuccino to a cup of coffee (temp < 130 degrees or it will curdle). I add a little spenda or stevia to sweeten.
 Yeah, that curdle thing is PRETTY GROSS lol. Thanks for the suggestion.

HW 274. CW 129

d_mac682
on 8/2/12 6:10 am - Gilbert, AZ
RNY on 04/26/12
The choclate truffle is da bomb!!

Kelly L.
on 8/2/12 1:03 pm - San Jacinto, CA
On August 2, 2012 at 1:10 PM Pacific Time, d_mac682 wrote:
The choclate truffle is da bomb!!
 ^ LIKE

HW 274. CW 129

Amy R.
on 8/2/12 6:22 am, edited 8/2/12 6:23 am
Best of luck. I know your struggle so well. I think a lot of us do.

I was 2 YEARS post-op before I found a protein combo that worked well enough for me to actually not gag on it. Before that, I made protein "shots" - literally just adding enough water to the mix to get the protein to a liquid state and then holding my nose and getting it down in 3 or 4 swallows. Yuk.

What finally worked for me was something a newbie (at that time) suggested. I bought the best tasting vanilla protein I could find, even though it costs considerable more than the cheapest - it was an investment. Then I put it in the blender with fresh or frozen fruit, ice cubes, SF vanilla pudding and some very good vanilla extract (Madagascar, also kinda expensive, but well worth it). The taste is so refreshing, and the vanilla extract eliminates the aftertaste. I am so grateful to that OH member - and feel like an idiot because I never could remember her name to thank her.

Basically just wanted to let you know that odds are you WILL find something tolerable. Don't give up - look how long it took me!

Oh and you might check out Nik's website. She has a zillion recipes for protein shakes. I think her motto is "there is never an excuse to drink a bad protein shake" or something like that.

eta:  Niks spot is at : 
http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/     and is def worth checking out!

Kelly L.
on 8/2/12 12:47 pm - San Jacinto, CA
On August 2, 2012 at 1:22 PM Pacific Time, Amy R. wrote:
Best of luck. I know your struggle so well. I think a lot of us do.

I was 2 YEARS post-op before I found a protein combo that worked well enough for me to actually not gag on it. Before that, I made protein "shots" - literally just adding enough water to the mix to get the protein to a liquid state and then holding my nose and getting it down in 3 or 4 swallows. Yuk.

What finally worked for me was something a newbie (at that time) suggested. I bought the best tasting vanilla protein I could find, even though it costs considerable more than the cheapest - it was an investment. Then I put it in the blender with fresh or frozen fruit, ice cubes, SF vanilla pudding and some very good vanilla extract (Madagascar, also kinda expensive, but well worth it). The taste is so refreshing, and the vanilla extract eliminates the aftertaste. I am so grateful to that OH member - and feel like an idiot because I never could remember her name to thank her.

Basically just wanted to let you know that odds are you WILL find something tolerable. Don't give up - look how long it took me!

Oh and you might check out Nik's website. She has a zillion recipes for protein shakes. I think her motto is "there is never an excuse to drink a bad protein shake" or something like that.

eta:  Niks spot is at : 
http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/     and is def worth checking out!

Thanks for the response. I have tried Nik's site and Eggfaces as well. So far.. Not much luck. I tried the Carribean Cooler today. I think I could doctor it up just enough to get it down. That's one thing I wish I had thought about before my surgery. I really have some issues with food.. Consistency ect..it didn't occur to me that drinking something could become such a problem. I am still struggling to get even 600 calories a day in so FOR SURE I need that extra protein but shee****'s killing me trying to get it. As an aside ,I also received my order of Upcal D today. BEST invention EVER! It went right into my shaker with my protein drink and I never knew it was there, thank goodness. Poet Kelly probably saved me from some serious bone loss down the road.

HW 274. CW 129

Kelly L.
on 8/2/12 12:50 pm - San Jacinto, CA
 I am going to try the vanilla idea as well.. Maybe throw some strawberries in with it, cause I LOVES them 

HW 274. CW 129

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views