sugar running high

jboyd6210
on 8/8/12 5:22 am
Just had the RNY done monday, and My sugars will not drop below 200. Is it possible my body isn't ready to cut back on insulin just yet? Should I take more insulin to bring it down, becuase it doesn't need to be 320 when all i ate today is a applesauce cup and a cup of baby food.
ahelen
on 8/8/12 5:35 am
It took a few weeks for my sugar to drop after RNY surgery. It slowly dropped and within weeks my doctor starting cutting down on my medication and then off of meds. It will hopefully be the same for you
Ahelen

jboyd6210
on 8/8/12 5:37 am
okay, good. cuz i am taking the same amount of medication before surgery as i am now. its not making since why its so high. thanks for the help!
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/12 5:47 am
Your sugars will bounce a round but your doctor should be giving you numbers he doesn't want you at.  I was type 2 and anything below 150 I didn't have to take my metformin but anything over that I had to take half of a one.  I understand you are insulin, so I would give the doctor a jingle and find out where you should be.  With WLS doctor said not to be too terribly concerned when it bounces up then goes back down.  I woud be at 139 then up to 220 later on.  Good Luck!  Jane
darlingdeb
on 8/8/12 6:50 am - OH
Hi I am 16 weeks out and I am a Type 2 Diabetic.  I am on the Insulin Pump.  It did not happen for me overnight but I am off of 2 medications and instead of 100-110 units a day, I am at 30 Units a day.  Only in the last 3 weeks have I seen quite a difference in my Blood Sugars.  I use to wake up to 300 to 400 now for the last 3 weeks I wake up to 90 to 150.  My blood sugars during the day are 125 to 185.  This is great for me.  Before RNY my A1C was 12.2, now I am at 8 and hope to drop even more.  I had read that some diabetics went into remission almost overnight but I was not one of them.  But I have definitely seen and feel a difference and hopefully it will only get better.  Give it some time and make sure you work closely with your endroconologist.               debbie
jboyd6210
on 8/8/12 1:28 pm
Thanks you guys!!! I am only three days out so I am new to this!! Doing better. My sugar kinda just dropped about two hours after the post and it has been around 150 all day which is good for me! My last a1c was 9 so i am excited to see what WLS does for my sugars!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 319 views