Surgery Date!!!

jmillz
on 8/9/12 4:00 pm, edited 8/9/12 4:02 pm - MD
RNY on 08/27/12
 Well today went great, I got my surgery date! I feel kind of bad knowing that it only took me 3 weeks from first visit with surgeon to surgery date, knowing that there are other people who aren't as lucky when it comes to insurance issues. My surgery is set for August 27th, which is 10 days after my 21st birthday so I'm going to try and get some partying in before then. Thanks for your support! 
GraceGirl
on 8/9/12 4:05 pm
wow that was fast...i had 6 month of nutrition vistist I had to complete. I cant imagine going into this surgery without those visits. The knowledge I gained from those 6 months have proven very helpful.

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

jmillz
on 8/9/12 4:08 pm - MD
RNY on 08/27/12
 Well when I was on a supervised weight loss program I had a nutritionsist so I learned how to eat, I've actually lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks.
GraceGirl
on 8/9/12 4:13 pm
That's good Did they teach you how to eat post RNY tho? Its much different than just dieting. best of luck

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

jmillz
on 8/9/12 4:16 pm - MD
RNY on 08/27/12
 Yes I had a 2 hour session with the dietician that my surgeon uses.
GraceGirl
on 8/9/12 4:26 pm
On August 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM Pacific Time, jmillz wrote:
 Yes I had a 2 hour session with the dietician that my surgeon uses.
perfect!!

vivking48
on 8/9/12 4:17 pm - MN
RNY on 08/01/12
Congratulations!  Told you BCBS is fast with their authorization.  I, however, had to do 3 nutrition visits before meeting with the surgeon.  I started this on April 17th and received approval  on July 19 and they had a surgury cancellation for August 1st and I grabbed it.  I have done so well physically that I believe I will have to ask the surgeon if he really did anything besides making those 6 cuts in my stomach!    Good luck with your surgery.  I also have to tell you the same thing I tell my 23 year old son every time he walks out the door.  When you go out to party be careful and don't drive!

Highh        

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/12 4:19 pm
wow that's crazy fast! congrats and good luck!
brenlee1965
on 8/9/12 4:24 pm - New Berlin, NY
Congrats on the surgery date....Yes, true that many of us had to jump through appt after appt; but as long as they tested your heart and liver and bloodwork; you will be okay. Just make sure you have a program to follow with the stages of eating and getting in your vitamins/protein & liquids and you will do just fine. Hey, you are on here getting informed, so you should do just fine! My surgery date is the day after yours! Wishin you the Best!
 Bren                
marilynmonroesmile
on 8/9/12 4:31 pm
 Congratulations! Good Luck!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?