seeing spots

wendydettmer
on 8/12/12 9:58 am - Rochester, NY
Ok, a strange thing has been happening the past month or so, but really bad today.  Whenever i change position (sitting to standing, bending over to standing,etc), i see dark spots in front of my eyes.  Today it was so bad i coudln't see through them.

Now my first thought went to dehydration, but that's not it.  i drink close to 100 oz of water a day, my protein is close to 90-100.  I know i need to see the doctor but that can't happen for a few weeks.  I have never taken blood pressure medicine or anything else.  all i take are my vitamins.  (and i am very good about those)

has anyone heard of a vitamin that might be a culprit?   

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

enchantedmommy
on 8/12/12 10:05 am - boydton , VA
 how you checked your blood pressure?
wendydettmer
on 8/12/12 10:13 am - Rochester, NY
 no, no real way to do it.  i have never had blood pressure issues.  i'm usually around 105/80.  

never2late4change
on 8/12/12 10:34 am - Virginia Beach, VA
RNY on 07/18/12
sounds like low blood pressure. Go to a pharmacy and use those free machines.

Highest Weight: 283.6,  Post Op Weight: 273.6, Goal Weight: 160 lbs 

wendydettmer
on 8/12/12 10:37 am - Rochester, NY
any idea how i can fix that? i'm worried about passing out

artroxy blue
on 8/12/12 10:42 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 It's called orthostatic hypotension. Your body needs a few seconds to adjust from changing positions. When you get up quickly, your body is like, "Wait! I'm not ready to change yet. I need to get blood over there!" 

Try getting up gradually from a lying or sitting position. :)
Dave Chambers
on 8/12/12 10:45 am - Mira Loma, CA
I had severe dizzy spells that caused me to either sit down immediately (on the street, in a store, anywhere) or grab onto a table, shopping cart, or anything nearby.  Otherwise I would have suddently fell down.  I also passed out a few times at home, and had momentary "no memory" issues for a few seconds while driving locally.  This started around 7 months post op.  I went to my PCP and had two Holter Monitor and one Event Monitor test done.  BTW, I had documente pulse rates of 38 and 45 when I was fitted with these test devices.  I finally had a referral to a cardio doctor. One more Holter Monitor Test, and I had a diagnosis.  I needed a pacemaker. I had one implanted 4 days later.  My issue was inconsistant, so it was difficult to determine.  My doc said I would have short periods of higher bp (normal) and then return to my normal low bp rate. But for some reason, my bp would "dip too low" on the way back down to normal, and that's when I had issues.  If you're still taking bp meds, that might be the issue too.  My cardio doc put me back on the high bp meds I'd used for over 15 years too. No more issues since my pacemaker surgery.  Sometimes increasing salt intake might resolve the issue.  But you should likely see your doctor. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

brenlee1965
on 8/12/12 11:06 am - New Berlin, NY
This happens too me and has been ususally my Blood Pressure; occasionally, it's my sinuses messing with me. Can't say about the vitamin issue, sorry....Good Luck.
 Bren                
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/12 11:09 am
This is not normal.  Anytime you are seeing spots or blurred vision or anything like that, you need to get in to a doctor ASAP.  Please don't try to diagnose yourself.  If you wait weeks to see a doctor, you are doing that at your own risk.  This could happen when you are driving. How safe is that?  Go to an Urgent Care or E.R. at least you can get checkout.  Good Luck  Jane
Strjen
on 8/12/12 12:45 pm - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12
 I was having the same thing happening to me. My PCP cut my Blood Pressure med dosage in half & I haven't had any problems since. Evidently my BP was dropping too low. You need to talk to your PCP or surgeon. Good luck!

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 208 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics