gained two pounds

kutia
on 8/13/12 9:53 pm - Waxahachie, TX
RNY on 07/23/12
 I'm a month out from my surgery and I've made Mondays my official weighing day. So I discovered this morning that I've almost two pounds since last week. I can't believe it. I have been very careful not to cheat or stray from the approved foods list. I even started up on my elliptical last week. Not very long beacuse I got winded but I did 15 mins. five days. This week I'm upping the timeto 20 minutes. 

Somebody please reassure me that I didn't go through the surgery and pain afterwards for nothing. 

Kid_Icarus
on 8/13/12 10:13 pm
Every time I gain two pounds back I lose four or five shortly after. I don't know why this happens. It scares the hell out of me sometimes. But then when I'm down another three pounds (permanently)  I feel better. It's a roller coaster for sure.

All I'm saying is, if you're doing everything right I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

It's RNY outside. 
     (3/12/12)      

BugdocMom
on 8/14/12 1:03 am - CA
Hang in there. It will drop off and MORE. It's likely a hormonal thing, or you had too much sodium yesterday, or you just need a good poop. As long as you are following your program and exercising, you WILL succeed!
tgrlnh
on 8/14/12 5:06 am
RNY on 06/05/12
The first time that happened to me I freaked. My advice is to always focus on the lowest number and ignore the rest (atleast for now).  If you really think about it, there is no way you could have gained two pounds, it's just your body readjusting.  Keep up the good work, you're doing great!

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

Dee.spunk
on 8/14/12 8:07 am - Sacramento, CA
It is normal for weight to fluctuate. You could be retaining water, or need to poop. Totally normal. Some people will fluctuate up to 10 lbs! But then they lose it and then some. So try not to worry about it so much. I'd do what the above poster commented and just focus on your lowest recorded weight so far and ignore the small weight "gains".

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

kutia
on 8/14/12 4:19 pm - Waxahachie, TX
RNY on 07/23/12
 Thanks everybody. Y'all make me feel a bit better. I was just so discouraged. I'll keep on with my exercising and stick to the new way of eating. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 11 replies · 86 views
Recent Topics