got my smile back, $$

Dave Chambers
on 8/14/12 6:22 am - Mira Loma, CA
Went to dentist yesterday.  Good news, they fixed my tooth. It was cracked all the way through, from  the bottom of the tooth up to the gums.  Veneer wasn't possible, so I had to have it crowned.  This place has a high tech machine that makes them in 10 minutes. Bad news, cost was $1145 with an old fart discount.  Other bad news: need a root canal on one tooth and a new cap, at a cost similar to the fee yesterday. The left side of my face swelled up last month, and a week of penicillian 500mg tabs, 4 times dailly, for a week caused it to go away. Xrays showed a trace of the infection left, and dentist found a spot on the roof of my mouth where she said it must have been draining.  But only slight tender area, no real pain.   Then a couple of teeth with large fillings have a cavity.  Cavity repair isn't possible, so caps needed there.  I guess it's "once a month" trips to the vet--can't afford it all at once.  BTW, I purchased an inhouse insurance plan for $125 for two members for one year.  Reduces fees by about 30-40% than without any insurance. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Kim S.
on 8/14/12 8:30 am - Helena, AL
Yeah, everything dental is so expensive, but you want your grill in top shape!  Glad you are getting it all worked out-you'll be glad you did it.

SoCaPinkLady
on 8/14/12 9:20 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
I'm so sorry that it was such a costly trip for you.
UGH I hate how expensive Dental issues can be.
I am glad they were able to save your tooth and that you have your smile back!!!!

Lori                               

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/12 11:09 am
Boy, dentists are never cheap, even with discounts.  But you had to get it fixed, I know.  I saw your kitties on the Hanes commercial!  I was hollering at everybody to get in here and played it back for them.  They are an adorable breed.  How exciting for you!  Next time I am getting your autograph at the meeting!!   Your Fan,  Jane
Dave Chambers
on 8/14/12 12:46 pm - Mira Loma, CA

The movie company came and got two more kittens about 2 months ago for a 2nd shooting segment in the Lone Ranger movie. Both of those kittens were sold, and buyers requested those kittens since they were in the movie. I took one of the kittens for her health certificate for shipment today, and she was a hit at the vet's office.

In regards to "keeping my tooth", it had to be ground way down for a cap. This dentist has the computer controlled crown maker, so it's all done in less than 3 hours--consult, cap is made, fitted, and paid for.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics