Pre-Op & BF Getting Clingy and Ready To Commit

Elizabeth G.
on 8/16/12 2:05 pm - RI
RNY on 10/18/12
Hi gals and guys!

I’ve been dating my BF for 4 years now and he really is a great guy. I started exploring RNY in May 2012 and he’s been to the seminar, doctors’ visits, you name it. It seems that as I move closer to surgery, he’s all of a sudden ready to commit and dare I say, a bit clingy. For instance, I opened up the web browser on the iPad and lo and behold, up popped that last page he was looking at which was a website for engagement rings.  He got a little nervous a while back when I mentioned finalizing my will and then when I just casually mentioned wanting at least one next-of-kin with me at the hospital on surgery day, I think the whites of his eyes quickly flashed by.   Are the stars aligning naturally or do you think the surgery has something to do with it? Perhaps a combination? Has this happened to you? Is he afraid? Nervous? Is surgery and consideration of my mortality acting as a helpful motivating factor to push this all along? Just looking for thoughts. I have to think it’s not an uncommon scenario.

Thanks,
Liz
fireflymkz76
on 8/16/12 7:14 am, edited 8/16/12 7:14 am - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12
Maybe he thinks you are gonna get skinny and leave him. A lot of men get insecure when women start to get more male attention.
check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views