CT contrast medium question

wendydettmer
on 8/16/12 11:37 am - Rochester, NY
 Does anyone know where I can find out the sugar content of this?  I'm assuming there has to be some in there because they make it raspberry flavored.  

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

courage18
on 8/16/12 11:47 am - MN
I am not sure, the pharmacy or place you are having the procedure done may be able to help you.
God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.

poet_kelly
on 8/16/12 11:50 am - OH
Probably the best way to get the info is to contact the manufacturer.  You can ask your pharmacist but I don't know if they would have that information.  But you can ask what drug company  makes the product and call them and ask.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Hillhanna16
on 8/16/12 12:14 pm - ME
I had it done at a week post op.  My surgon rushed to the hospital, told me it didn't matter what the sugar was, I had to drink it for the ct scan.  She even let me use a straw.  It did not cause me any nasea.
wendydettmer
on 8/16/12 12:19 pm - Rochester, NY
thanks guys. i had it done in the hospital this week and didn't even realize until after that it might have sugar in it. i know i needed it anyway, but i had to drink 5 cups of it in an hour, and depending on the sugar content i was just curious if it was an accidental test on if i dump lol

bugsmommy
on 8/16/12 1:55 pm

I know this isn't an amount but I've never had a diabetic patients sugar go up drinking contrast so maybe it isn't real sugar.  Hope that helps.

Cherie

wendydettmer
on 8/16/12 2:46 pm - Rochester, NY
 that's good to know, thank you.

i'm going to just assume still that i dump and no desire to test it.  that's been my philosophy so far.  then on my way  home the other day i was thinking that if that was a sugar loaded contrast, if i didn't dump on that i probably wouldn't dump at all.

of course i also didn't think i would be able to drink 5 cups in an hour.  but i did.  they wanted 6 cups, but i couldn't muster that last one down.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/16/12 3:47 pm - OH
The last time I had some, I asked about it (when I also pointed out that there was no way in hell that I was going to be able to drink the HUGE container of it that the tech brought out) and was told that because of the number of people who are diabetic, have had RNY, or have other issues with sugar, that it is sugarless.  I don't know that they ALL are, bit what my hospital uses is (and that makes sense).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics