bradycardia spells?

jdubskinny
on 8/17/12 11:01 am - NV
Anyone have any heart issues after surgery  I am a year and half out and all of the sudden having  heart issues ..

LOW BP and LOW PULSE and LOW O2

i thought it was reactive Hypoglycimia from sometimes not beeing 100% awesome on what i was eating ....

just wondering

-JDUB 

Dave Chambers
on 8/17/12 12:49 pm - Mira Loma, CA
I had similar issues beginning at 7 months post op. Pulse rates of 45 and 38 were documented when I was fitted with Holter Monitor and Event Monitor test devices.  Wt loss can cause bp to change.  Cardio doc said my bp would be elevated for a short time, and then return to my normal low. But, every once in a while, my bp would dip too low before going back up to my normal low bp. When these dips occurred is when I would have severe dizziness issues or pass out.  Since my issue was not inconsistent, it took a while to figure it out. Once diagnosed, I had a pacemaker implated 4 days later.  No more issues since the pacemaker implant, about 5 years ago--a little over 1 year post op.  Not everyone has these issues, I'm just relating my personal experience.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

sahmto4
on 8/17/12 5:47 pm - Ellendale, TN
I had similar issues that started at 1 year post op. It started with low BP. Then I passed out and stopped breathing. A holter monitor found my normal heart rate was in the 30's and my heart rate at night was in the teens. I had an Electrophysiology study that found SA and AV node dysfunction. I was taken directly from that test into surgery to put in a dual chamber pacemaker.

Definitely don't let the doctors put you off. Make sure they do testing and find a cause for the low heart rate.

kdunn
on 8/18/12 9:00 am - Goodlettsville, TN
I have three heart stents.  I too have bradycardia.  Mine is running in the 30 at night and in 50 during the day .  Blood pressure dropped to 70/50.  I have been working with the doctor.  I am off all blood pressure meds except 1/2 pill every other day, just to make sure I keep my potassium levels up.  Because I am only 50 he did not want to do a pacemaker yet.    I am able to get my heart rate up to 100 when walking on the treadmill. I still get dizzy and have to get up slowing from a sitting or lying position.  I also still use my c-pap machine at night. 

Work with your doctor on testing and medicines.  Good luck.

Kim

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 130 views