Can't eat at all

BeansOnToast
on 8/19/12 7:14 pm - Reisterstown, MD
RNY on 07/31/12
 Can anyone tell me when I'll stop throwing up everything I eat?! It doesn't matter what it is anymore, it all comes back up and hurts like hell for a whole before. Originally I just thought something got stuck, hence the hurling. But no, it's everything now. I've watched my bite sizes like a hawk and wait quite a good period before taking another. I just don't get it. Liquids stay down alright, except protein shakes. I just can't take them anymore and my body seems to just instantly reject them. 

Honestly, if I wanted to be bulimic, I could have done it without surgery. This is getting ridiculous. 
Mel.
xoxo

Strjen
on 8/19/12 7:16 pm - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12
You might want to go get that checked out. You could possibly have a stricture, at least that's what its sounding like to me. Good Luck!

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

lilbillsmom
on 8/19/12 7:26 pm - TX
RNY on 07/30/12
You need to contact your Dr. I had surgery on 7/30 and have never thrown up...I would be concerned about a stricture.

Learning to eat to live, NOT living to eat....    
wmamey
on 8/19/12 7:28 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
Agreed! Yes, please call you Dr. it could possibly be a stricture which can be taken care of. Stick to the liquids until you can give them a call. Maybe you could try Isopure liquid protein it might be better than a shake. You certainly don't want to get behind in the protein.
I hope everything works out for you.

karenp8
on 8/19/12 7:41 pm - Brighton, IL
I agree with everyone else. I haven't had surgery yet but my doctor says vomiting is not normal and could be a sign of a stricture. Stay on clear liquids for now but please call them first thing tomorrow to get checked out.
yangie314
on 8/19/12 7:51 pm - MI
RNY on 07/03/12
 I had surgery on 7/3 and alst week was going through the same thing. Found out it was a stricture and had to go to the hospital for a endosccopy. Not a bad precedure actually. It took a few minutes and about an hour to come out of sedation. Now I feel 100%. These things can happen. Call your surgeon quick. 

fireflymkz76
on 8/19/12 7:53 pm - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12
I throw up a lot after I eat too. Hopefully it goes away soon.
check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
nascar24n48
on 8/19/12 12:53 pm, edited 8/19/12 12:54 pm
I have surgery 4 years ago and have NEVER thrown up. CALL YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY OR GO TO THE NEAREST ER.  Sure sounds like a blockage!!!!

Preop 242  Height 5'4"  Current: 145 Want to get back to 135. ZERO Complications! ZERO Vomiting  (Chew, chew, chew)! ZERO Regrets!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/19/12 8:06 pm - OH
What you are experiencing is NOT normal.  Call your surgeon!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/12 10:21 pm
Beans, in the morning call your surgeon.  It sounds like it may be a stricture.  You cannot keep throwing up and you may be dehydrated to boot.  I know you have had one thing after another since surgery.  I am truly concerned for you.  You need a break.  Keep us posted.  Jane  
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 225 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics