Not a good day. Just another of my rants.

BeansOnToast
on 8/26/12 7:06 pm - Reisterstown, MD
RNY on 07/31/12
 I feel miserable today. Yesterday was a bad day as well. I woke up around 930, jumped right in the shower and got ready to go (had my multi/calcium and sipped water throughout). I had my transition class with my dietitian from 1-4, learning about the week 4-5 transition to regular foods and such. I sipped water throughout but had NO food/protein at this point. Not good. When I got home, I had a Greek yogurt but had to leave to go to another function. There, I also had nothing to eat. I guess I'm obviously not used to MAKING myself eat anything because I'm not hungry. I got home and had a Quorn naked chicken something or other. Looks like chicken but its meat/soy free (fiancé is a vegetarian, so once in a while I buy something from "his" freezer at the store). It had a decent amount of protein, but I only had half. I did sip water most of the day and had my night time calcium and such. Then I fell asleep VERY early. 

Woke up this morning and sipped like a good girl, took my vits, etc., had some breakfast (this was hours after the shake incident) and went about the day. Went grocery shopping and found tilapia to be 28g of protein in one small piece! So of course, I got it because everyone says to try it. Got home around dinner time and made one up. Had 3 bites before it started right back up. It was a pretty bad fit my pouch had. I just tried a little tuna which has been fine for weeks and even that won't go down. It feels like that damn fish is still there from before. So today, I've had a whopping 30 g protein or so.

Its another one of those days where I'd kill to be me again. I hate this surgery so much. The worst part is, I wasn't even sick before. My blood pressure was always perfect, cholesterol great, blood sugars always excellent, no pain in any joints. I feel worse now than I ever have. I'm constantly nauseous, I'm not getting protein in (partially my fault, partially foods fault). I just really hate this so much. The bad days get so bad I forget every single good day. I miss my old life. I miss me. :(
Mel.
xoxo

callmejackieo
on 8/26/12 12:18 pm, edited 8/26/12 12:19 pm
RNY on 07/30/12
 So you're already eating fish and tuna at not even 4 weeks out?
BeansOnToast
on 8/26/12 7:23 pm - Reisterstown, MD
RNY on 07/31/12
 Yes. It's on my and many other surgeons plan for soft foods. Been eating it since I got out of the puréed stage. 
Mel.
xoxo

callmejackieo
on 8/26/12 7:30 pm
RNY on 07/30/12
 Oh wow, my surgeon's steps are liquid-  2 weeks post op, then pureed for the next 2 weeks, then to soft where I can have tuna salad and I think shrimp.  Tomorrow will be my 4 weeks out,  7/30/12 surgery date
BeansOnToast
on 8/26/12 7:32 pm - Reisterstown, MD
RNY on 07/31/12
 My surgeon starts purée on the day of discharge, soft foods two weeks later once you've been in for a follow up, then one more follow up to move to regular foods at day 31.
Mel.
xoxo

callmejackieo
on 8/26/12 7:46 pm
RNY on 07/30/12
 Okay yeah my surgeon moved me to pureed at my 2 week post op appot.  I go this thursday to be moved to soft then I'm not supposed to have another appointment till 3 months so I guess I'll figure that out at my appointment this week.  I haven't lost anything in over a week now, after losing a pound a day for the first 2 weeks.  I think mine has to do with me not drinking water like I should so today I really stepped up the water.
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 8/26/12 8:03 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
you may be feeling so bad if you are not taking your vitamins with food , I know I was sick as a dog for a couple of weeks before I figured it out. It really sounds like you need to be vigilant about having yogurt/cottage chees, soft boiled eggs, refried beans/salsa/cheese with greek yogurt.
It really is hard !! it took me a good 5 weeks before I stayed up later than 7 p.m., I just couldn't do it.
IT IS HARD
you have to get into a patern of eating even though you are not hungry
Just because something is on your surgeons list doesn't mean it is going to agree with you right off the bat, you may need softs for longer.
Please make sure to drink your water and add in some powerade

I sure hope you feel better soon !! and you can start enjoying your surgery

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Amy D.
on 8/26/12 7:40 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
Hang in there! I felt the same way for about the first 6 weeks or so but it really does get better. And no, I didn't believe that either, but it did get better. Shoot, I felt that way and have had no problems with drinking or eating anything--I just hated life because of all the drastic changes. It's a lot to stay on top of and you're healing and you're hormonal and....just everything! So yeah, hang in there and it will get better. It'd have to, right? Otherwise nobody would do this!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
BeansOnToast
on 8/26/12 7:45 pm - Reisterstown, MD
RNY on 07/31/12
 Thanks, Amy. I hope it gets better. I miss being able to try a new food and not know I'm gonna be running to the bathroom to vomit. I just hate this. I liked my life before for the most part. Now everything is just horrible. Plus, my fiancé just moved in about a week ago from London and the poor thing is miserable. He's just left everything he's ever known and now he has to deal with me and all this. This surgery has so far done nothing but ruin things. :(
Mel.
xoxo

avivaps
on 8/26/12 7:47 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
 It won't feel this way forever.  Hopefully someone will post some good advice but I know the vast majority of the people who have problems like you describe will gradually improve. 

Try making sure you always have something with you to eat.  Try not to go too long without food.  Take a protein shake with you and sip sip sip thru the day.  It may help get your protein in and keep the nausea at bay.

You will feel like you again, hopefully an even better version.

Andrea.

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 423 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 241 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views