Cardiologist Appt

MBMom
on 8/27/12 12:09 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
Ugh - I was going for a followup appointment where he declared me healthy and then went on to tell me how he does not believe in WLS.  He said that I should try his way of 6 months first.  His way was eating a big breakfast, moderate lunch and small supper.  That if I did that the weight would just 'melt' off.  Then if it wasn't successful he would recommend HCG injections.....

GRRRR!    I love my PCP so much more now.
ShebasMom
on 8/27/12 12:40 pm
Revision on 07/05/16
Was this a cardiologist or your PCP that recommended this to you? If he wasn't your PCP, what does your PCP think about this? He already gave a doubt in regards to weight melting off and if this didn't work then... plus I'm not sure if there are any long term studies of HCG injections.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

Dave Chambers
on 8/27/12 1:06 pm - Mira Loma, CA

This guy should stick to heart issues, not wt.  HCG injections recommended?? Love your PCP, he's trying to help. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

PamelaNJ
on 8/27/12 4:29 pm
Sounds like you need a better informed and more supportive cardiologist!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Working on becoming a healthier me!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/27/12 5:50 pm, edited 8/26/12 10:50 pm - OH
Even if you lost weight by taking hormones, would you keep it off? Only if you are part of the 5% who maintain a weight loss without surgery...

My chiropractor was very Anti-WLS and even after I had lost 100 pounds he made a snotty comment about how we would see how "successful" I would be in the end. I told him that he was entitled to his opinion but that I didn't care to discuss it with him, especially since I had already had the surgery. He never mentioned it again.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

GraceGirl
on 8/27/12 6:26 pm
my surgeon has a cardiologist group they work with. They all understand WLS and how important it is to us. HE was super nice and said what a great gift I was giving myself.

Ask your surgeon if they recommend any cardiologist.

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

MickeyDee
on 8/27/12 11:36 pm
I guess that cardiologist is pretty ignorant, so just ignore
him and his stupid injections.

Get another one if you don't feel comfortable with this one.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 289 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics