Home from my ER visit

BeansOnToast
on 8/28/12 4:58 pm - Reisterstown, MD
RNY on 07/31/12
 And I feel AMAZING. My fiancé forced me to go last night round 7, so I went to the same hospital I had my surgery since they specialize in bariatric surgery there. The wait was an atrocious 3 hours, but they finally called me back. After explaining I could keep NOTHING down, they tried to make me drink a large cup of contrast dye. Really?! After throwing it up on all 3 attempts, they said I was going to ct scan then being admitted for fluids. I was put back on the bariatric floor where I was just 4 short weeks ago and had fluids, vitamins and all sorts of antibiotics and nausea meds dripping constantly. They finally came back and said my scan looked fabulous and there were no surgical issues, but my blood and urine labs were TERRIBLE. I was told I was severely dehydrated and all my vitamin levels were far too low. But the nausea meds were working and the fluids were a life saver. Color returned to my face, I could feel again (I was going numb all over) and I was conscious. I apparently acted high in the ER, most of which I don't remember. I also have a pretty bad uti (awesome?!) so I'm on antibiotics now. By the time the sun came up, I felt better than I have in weeks, minus the fact I was exhausted. I had to stay until 5 pm to make sure my liquids were staying down and my blood work looked a little better. 

All in all, if this feeling continues, I'll be the happiest person alive. I'm sticking to clear fluids for a few days to be safe, but I honestly am so happy everyone said to go to the ER. And oh, I'm so happy to see my own bed again. 
Mel.
xoxo

GraceGirl
on 8/28/12 5:00 pm
Wow glad u are feeling better!

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

karenp8
on 8/28/12 5:01 pm - Brighton, IL
I am glad to hear you are back at home and feeling better. Take it easy and keep drinking!
BeansOnToast
on 8/28/12 5:02 pm - Reisterstown, MD
RNY on 07/31/12
 Thank you! I never knew dehydration could feel so horrible. Lol
Mel.
xoxo

SoCaPinkLady
on 8/28/12 5:22 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
So glad you are feeling better and have some answers. Rest and take care of yourself.
Welcome Home!

Lori                               

nunu2012
on 8/28/12 5:25 pm
So sorry that you had to go through all that. Yikes. Thank goodness you went to the hospital. Good luck with anti nausea meds.
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/12 5:32 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
Keep taking care of yourself!
fireflymkz76
on 8/28/12 5:46 pm - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12
Yikes!  You poor thing!  Are you able to keep chewable vitamins down?
check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
daphneb
on 8/28/12 5:46 pm - AK
Glad to hear you're okay. I worked an event on campus on Saturday and realized I only drank maybe 8oz. all day. Then Sunday I felt a bit nauseated and just thought I was tired. Yesterday felt the same way, but a bit more. Today I left work early, the waves of nausea (however I am not puking yet) are overwhelming. Like you, I'm probably dehydrated but I want to avoid the hospital. Right now I have 16oz crystal light in front of me since reading your pos****er just doesn't seem to agree with me, this is working...so far. I am over four weeks from surgery. I felt great up until the last three days. Perhaps I just need to focus on getting liquids in me. Has this happened to anyone else too?

BeansOnToast
on 8/28/12 11:19 pm, edited 8/28/12 11:20 pm - Reisterstown, MD
RNY on 07/31/12
Thanks for all the support, everyone! I feel great this morning, especially after a 12 hour nap! Lol, I don't sleep in hospitals unless they've drugged me. I've already had a bit of water, currently drinking my vitamins, and nothing hurts! I don't feel nauseous at all. It's nice.

And daphneb, I think you may be dehydrated and should call your docs today. Maybe they can offer advice on how to help to cut this off now before you end up in the hospital. I've had some issues with plain water at times. Sometimes I do have to add a flavor packet to it, sometimes it's ok plain. It varies throughout the day for me.
Mel.
xoxo

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?