New Here

MBMom
on 8/27/12 8:15 am
RNY on 09/17/12
Hi everyone!   I was verbally approved for bypass last week by the insurance company.  I was looking into getting VSG but that was denied and they told me that RNY was their 'surgery of choice.'
I'm nervous as heck and trying to reroute my mind and learn all that I can about RNY.    My nerves are kicking in as they said surgery would occur within 2-4 weeks from the mailed approval.

I've been reading the blogs and talking to 2 friends that have had this but I come up with questions at odd times and it is nice to know there is a place to go and research.

I'm not sure if my stats will post - guess I need to go and make a ticker.

pwoo10
on 8/27/12 8:21 am - IN
RNY on 06/06/12
Hello.  Your nerves are going to be crazy until you wake up from surgery.  I think most of us had that feeling.  I am almost 12 weeks out and so happy I did it.  There are 3 choices the RNY rearranges you, the VSG removes part of you and the band leaves something in you so you can look at all of them negatively.  This is not a quick fix and you will have good and bad days.  I feel so much better now that I am down 50 lbs.  I can run up the stairs and not fight to breathe. 
If you have any questions throw them at us. 

Welcome

FoodAbuser
on 8/27/12 8:57 am
Welcome! Lots of good info on this site.
SoCaPinkLady
on 8/27/12 9:18 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
Welcome to the group. Good luck with your journey!!!

Lori                               

Carmen C.
on 8/27/12 10:24 am
RNY on 08/08/12
Welcome.. I had a sleeve done in 2008- had some complications at first, it was smooth until after a year or so- I regained all the weight, due to emotional breakdown, and developed a large hernia (which they just repaired with the RNY) and GERD- GERD was so bad it damaged my throat and stomach.. I didn't have a choose this time I was told RNY was the only solution. Good Luck with your decision.

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

Adrianne_Dawn
on 8/28/12 9:15 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
 Congrats on your approval! Pretty soon you will be on our side of the loser bench. ;) BTW it's an amazing feeling! 

Not gonna lie - the first few weeks Sucked - bad.  I was nauseated, the incisions caused discomfort, I was tired all the time, I had a hard time sleeping on my back ****il i could finally sleep on my side), I still can barely drink plain water, Protein drinks get boring after a while. 

Buuuuuuuuuuuut, I wouldn't change it for the world.  For the first time in maybe 5+ years I'm under 250 and have lost 75 lbs, I haven't had any complications (knock on wood), My energy is back up (I'm 3 months out), Life is pretty darn fantastic and getting back into a routine. 

I think you'll do fine - but if you have any questions or fears thats what we are here for.  We each have our own experiences and not all sugar coated fantasticness but majority of us even with those that had complications would not go back to how we used to be. 

BEST decision of my life. :) 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 64 replies · 743 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 54 replies · 703 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 45 replies · 498 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 27 replies · 312 views
Pandemic Nightmare
White Dove · 9 replies · 215 views