almost 1 year out. HELP

SharieL
on 8/30/12 11:51 am - LA

Its almost a year since my surgery. Now the last couple weeks I've had problems eating. Before I was able to eat basically anything and everything with out any problems at all. Now after a few bites of anything I feel sick to my stomach. I never threw up but have heaviness in my stomach and sometimes hurting. What could be causing this?  
Giving God all the Glory

Price S.
on 8/30/12 11:56 am, edited 8/30/12 4:56 am - Mills River, NC
I guess you could have a stricture this late. Otherwise, I don't have a clue but hope it resolves soon. You may want to give your Dr a call.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/12 12:08 pm
I still have bad days where things don't settle well. But weeks? Not so much.

Always call your surgeon if you're unsure. A stricture is pretty unlikely at this point, but there's a number of other possibilities that would need diagnosis and treatment.
macjuicy
on 8/30/12 12:42 pm - FL
Stricture I dont think so... but so many things can rise a year out
Gallstones, Vitamin Deficiences
Kidney stones starting
Bowel Twisting call your doc for an apointment seems like you may need a scoope just to check

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Carmen C.
on 8/30/12 1:01 pm
RNY on 08/08/12
My mother had gastric bypass 25 years ago- she gets like that if she doesn't eat consistenly and then starts to eat again..

Hope u feel better.

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

Kay L.
on 8/30/12 1:39 pm - N., AL
It could be an ulcer, it could be a stricture, it could be your gall bladder. You might try an over the counter ulcer med and see if it makes it better. Other than that, I suggest you check in with your surgeon.
SharieL
on 8/30/12 4:05 pm - LA
Thanks as soon as I can get an appointment I will. Its not getting any better.
scho5
on 8/30/12 4:27 pm - WI
 Please go get checked.  At a year out I was back on the table for exploratory surgery due to pain.  Had a Peterson's hernia and multiple bowel adhesions.
Don't ignore gut pain.
Take Care
Lauras_blog
on 8/30/12 5:23 pm
doctor!!

phoebeskid2
on 8/31/12 6:58 pm - Holland, MI
I been haveing problems with right under my rib cage ing the middle of my stomach when i eat just a little bit of food and sometimes clammy and shortness of breath i went to my doctor and she is sending me to have some test done cause sometimes it feels like a brick on my chest and i though i was having a heart attack and went to hosp, test came out food for heart.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 200 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 371 views
Recent Topics