Random Question

ChorizaNicole
on 8/29/12 12:23 pm - CA
RNY on 06/20/12
I have noticed sometimes when I wake up I feel EXTREMELY hungry. to the point i run to the kitchen and grab something and dont always  consume it as sometimes i still am half asleep but once i come to I am like what in the world! then again I know i am advised to space my meals out 4-6 hours today for instance i had a shake for breakfast which i could not finish so after a few sips i was over it, yet drink a bottle of water about an hour later and felt fine, yet when i awoke from my nap on my lunch break i felt so starved is this normal?

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/12 5:54 am, edited 8/28/12 6:10 pm
Hello there! For one, 4 to 6 hours is a long time between meals, but that is your surgeon's protocol. My program we are to eat 5 to 6 times a day, every 2 hours in fact, to eliminate any problems with blood sugars dropping and not over eating. We do not count calories and never will, which I am so glad. We eat ounces instead. I believe it also takes away from that mentality we all have lived with counting calories all our lives. I will never tell anyone to go against their surgeon's plan even though I think having small amounts of food throughout the day is under the same principal as the food program for diabetics and it works. Breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and evening snack, especially at bedtime. Are you limited to how many protein shakes you my have? Call your surgeon and tell them what is going on and ask what you can have a snack if they will let you. Best of Luck! Jane
ChorizaNicole
on 8/30/12 11:02 am - CA
RNY on 06/20/12
Thank you for your response, thats just it with my program they dont even like you to have protien shakes at all as they state it leads to bad habits... yet i indeed find myself at times hungry throughout the day especially when i work out a lot and the programs states to eat only 3 meals a day measured with the majority of my meals being protien right now i am about 2oz of meats and can have a veggi or so if i am not full i am advised to eat my protien first. I started doing the shakes after speaking to several other doctors because at times it is hard for me to get anything down

MickeyDee
on 8/31/12 2:00 am
If you get "hunger signals" try sipping some water. Often we have trained ourselves to only respond to hunger when we're really thirsty.

If you're not yet eating, try pureeing your favorite soups with some unflavored protein powder in it after heating (otherwise it will be yucky) to up the protein content.

There's nothing wrong with having a protein shake as a snack in the afternoon, or after exercising.

If you are exercising a lot you need more protein anyway.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 565 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 343 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 21 views
Recent Topics