Pre op appt and unflavored protein

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 8/30/12 2:54 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
I had my pre op appt today and bought the required protein to start liquid diet.  I HAD to get the BA protein because that's what they recommend to start out (after I finish those I will seek out a more palatable protein).  I was going to buy a chocolate, vanilla and the iced latte.  They were out of vanilla!!  First off, how can you be out if you require us to buy them?? Anyway, so I opted for a chocolate, iced latte, and an unflavored thinking I could doctor it up enough it wouldn't be so bad.  Was I dreaming to believe this?  I haven't opened it yet but now I'm scared I won't be able to doctor it up enough lol.  I just didn't want to get burned out on the other two flavors. 

I also did all my pre op testing today and registered so I'm good to go in 2wks.  I kind of felt like puking all day because of nervousness lol. 

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

moet321
on 8/30/12 2:58 pm
Best Wish on the surgery in 2 weeks.
 Small changes today will impact the results I receive tomorrow...Taking this journey one day at a time ;) Moët 

Surgery Date 9/12/2012         
M M
on 8/30/12 3:09 pm
While Bariatric Advantage is a perfect meal replacement - you can use any suitable replacement, purchased anywhere.

To make the flavors more to your taste - use ice, blender, sugar-free syrups, unsweetened cocoa powder, decaf instant coffee/espresso, various skim milks/soy milks...
Lauras_blog
on 8/30/12 5:13 pm
I use Isopure unflavored because I am not one to like pre-flavored things.  I have added a tablespoon of cocoa and Splenda (2) and Skimplus milk.  That's good.  I have also made fruity ones with Crystal light.  Like Orange makes a creamsicle flavor.  Coffee crystals in the chocolate one makes mocha.  Good luck.  I totally relate to the nervousness.  It's so hard in the last 2 weeks.  The nerves and anxiety were hard for me.

Dave Chambers
on 8/30/12 5:43 pm - Mira Loma, CA

Good luck with your anxiety post op.  Try to keep your cool, as depression also sets in with most post ops.  Most likely, you'll end up with dry heaves when you get nervous post op, since vomiting is very difficult for most post ops.  Any flavor you like now in protiens may be very different post op.  Taste buds change.  I enjoy mixing up Fage greek yogurt with cheescake, butterscotch or other flavors of SF Jello pudding.  I add unflavored whey isolate protein to the individual serving of the Fage/pudding mixture.  This is one option you can likely use about 10 days post op. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 295 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics