Itchy scalp

jjsparkilzz
on 9/1/12 8:17 am - Selden, NY
Hello all... I am just over one week post op and the other day I started developing an extremely itchy scalp and outer ears. I can feel bumps developing when I scratch. Anyone have ideas why this is happening? I am on the full liquids/ yougurt phase of my diet and have been getting all my fluids in.

alwaysloyal
on 9/1/12 8:25 am - MI
No idea but my feet became real dry and itchy for about 1 mos. post op.Hormone bursts from surgery maybe?
acrespin1
on 9/1/12 8:26 am
RNY on 05/16/12
Are you still taking your pain meds? Narcotics can cause itching.

jjsparkilzz
on 9/1/12 8:44 am - Selden, NY
no pain meds since my 3rd day home.
Mary Catherine
on 9/1/12 9:58 am
There are always layers of skin coming to the surface and being shed.  With rapid weight loss the body cannot keep up and the skin gets scaly and itchy. The answer is not creams, which work with the dead cells to form a pie dough type crust, but exfoliants to clean the cells away.  Use a shampoo with DHT inhibitor and use a product that removes dead skin cells on your ears and all over your body.  Starting now will also give you a good chance of avoiding hair loss a few months from now. 

It will not stop telogen effluvium, but it will stop hair loss caused by DHT. Blocked hair follicles cause hair to fall out. 
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 267 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics