The Ups and Downs Of Life

clsino
on 9/2/12 7:05 am
It's been a rough couple of months for me.  I ended a 4 year relationship with my alcoholic fiance.  Since then things have really been on a downhill slide for me. 

The good news is that I haven't turned to food for comfort.  Bad news is I am on the verge of an eating disorder (anorexia).  Even prior to surgery during times of stress and anxiety I wouldn't eat.  So I guess I can't blame this on the WLS.  It's just the way I deal.  Anyway, I have realized this is not healthy and have reached out to the psychologist at my surgeons clinic and am working with him.  I am scheduled to see a dietitian at an eating disorders clinic and will start seeing a therapist there. 

I guess I am putting this out there for everyone to see because even at 3 years out **** happens and it's important to get help before it really gets out of hand.  I never would have thought I would be battling issues like this.....formerly morbidly obese to not eating but apparently it is a fairly common issue in the community. 

There is no shame in seeking help and if you are struggling too ask for help.  I think too many times we like to think after surgery it's all rainbows and unicorns but it's not. 

Wishing the best to all of you.

Christy

hopeforweightloss
on 9/2/12 7:44 am
 I'm sorry that you've been having such a rough time.  It sounds like you are taking the necessary steps to get healthier physically and emotionally.  You were very brave to end an unhealthy relationship and get help for your eating issues.  Wishing you the best of luck!

martitalinda
on 9/2/12 12:49 am, edited 9/2/12 12:51 am
 (((((((Christy))))))) I can so totally relate....I am glad you have sought counseling and are paying it forward by sharing with us.. It is tough.. Dealing with stress is no joke and like you I just cannot eat through it and I had this very same reaction prior to surgery also.  

I have had to press through stress with a triple effort to eat and when that fails I have had to resort to forcing myself into drinking my protein/meals in an effort to keep my body nourished..we have major stressors in the family right now with my dear RL sister who has been a non smoker for life and a well known physician battling bilateral advanced lung CA which was diagnosed a few months back in an otherwise healthy woman without a weight issue or a care in the world except taking care of the sick children at a children's hospital ... imagine going from coughing and thinking 'cold, allergies' to cancer... We are a close knit family even when they are overseas and I am I the USA...

((((((Hugs)))))))) Take care of yourself as you press through this period of loss/separation ...continue to reach out and  seek counseling ...and remind yourself to eat/drink... Do it for yourself, your health and your loved ones...press on my beautiful sista!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

KittenLove
on 9/2/12 9:17 am - Around Knoxville, TN
I was wondering bout u the other day.

I don't know what to say but it sounds like you're beig realistic with seeking help. Life's toughest moments reveal how tough we really are - fight on!

Be happy. 

karenp8
on 9/2/12 9:27 am - Brighton, IL
Thank you for putting your story out there for us. I am glad to know that you are working on your issues and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
H.A.L.A B.
on 9/2/12 2:42 pm
 Hugs. I do understant.  
When I had days I did not wanted to eat - I made sure that I drank protein shakes. I know my body can deal with me not eating solid foods but I knew I needed proteins, some fat, liquids and vitamins. 

I am glad you taking care of yourself. (Hugs)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

OH2012
on 9/2/12 4:50 pm - OH
The title of your post is so true.  Life certainly does have up and downs.  Hoping that you can climb to a peaceful plateau - of health and happiness.

Stay encouraged!!!
Jilly Bean
on 9/2/12 10:29 pm - IN
RNY on 07/09/12
 Stay strong. Follow your plan. Get the help you need. You can do this. Dont give up. 

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

seattledeb
on 9/2/12 10:32 pm
The loss of a of 4 year relationship is tough. That's a lot of grief even if it's want you wanted.
 I'm glad you are reaching out for help.

I've been reaching out since January. I got a kidney transplant this year and also lost my mother. Lots of grief and stress and  changes. WLS doesn't change that fact that we gotta get through our life.

I hope things get better for you soon.
Deb T

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/3/12 8:50 am - OH
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time, my friend.  A couple of years ago, I ended a relationship of several years that had become unhealthy, so I understand the complex emotions surrounding this.  (I wanted to eat, though.)

Good for you for focusing on being healthy and getting help right away.  Hopefully seeking help early will make it easier to get back on a healthy track.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics