opti-fast starts tomorrow

brockliebeans
on 9/2/12 1:41 pm
well i start my journey with the opti-fast tomorrow for 2 weeks leading up to my surgery.. and would love any ideas or recipes from anyone who would like to share them with me.. thanks in advance:)
GraceGirl
on 9/2/12 2:26 pm
Hi Brocklie...no recipes....just want to wish you happy shakin' :)

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

brockliebeans
on 9/2/12 7:00 pm
thanks grace :)
Happysmile
on 9/2/12 3:16 pm
All the best with the optifast.
I found that drinking the optifast vanilla without anything else worked best for me with lots of ice. I bought a cup that I put my ice chips and water and optifast in. Shook it up and drank it down.
It was a cup that I bought at Wilmar. It helped with having optifast when not at home.
All the best.
For me I counted down. As it was one more step in my journey.
Happysmile
brockliebeans
on 9/2/12 7:07 pm
thanks happysmile:)
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 9/2/12 3:46 pm
If you like coffee make a "latte" with the vanilla.  I made a paste with the vanilla Optifast and some SF Torani syrup (usually hazelnut or caramel).  Then I added the coffee a little at a time.  don't add Optifast to hot liquids or it will curdle. 

I also made shakes with Optifast, ice and whatever SF Torani flavoring I liked.
vanilla,  sf peach,  ice
chocolate, sf coconut, ice (think almond joy)
chocolate, sf peanut butter, ice
chocolate or vanilla, sf raspberry, ice

Winnie

brockliebeans
on 9/2/12 7:41 pm
thanks i went on to their web site and found some flavors i might like and bought them.. hopefully they will get delivered after the holiday weekend:)
65rosesmom
on 9/2/12 7:04 pm
 In addition to adding the optifast to coffee, which was my favorite, I added the vanilla to diet root beer to make a sort of root beer float.  It was really good.

I was allowed the bars, shakes and soups.   The bars were what got me through.  The chocolate one was like a brownie and delicious cold.   I wasn't crazy with the shakes or soups, but I mixed the shakes with lots of ice and could chug them.  Oh how I wish I could chug now just to finish up the shakes quickly.....enjoy it, you have to sip everything after surgery.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

brockliebeans
on 9/2/12 7:42 pm
thanks for sharing.. i think i am allowed soup like broth and sf jello.. i have to go an read my paper to make sure.. :) hopefully its a fast 2 weeks..
garnetgal
on 9/2/12 7:45 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
 Good luck on your journey, the 2 weeks will be over before you know it!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views