Riding Amusement Rides Post-Op - How soon after?

Elizabeth G.
on 9/4/12 9:33 am - RI
RNY on 10/18/12
How soon after surgery do you figure it's safe to ride a rollercoaster?  My concern is not so much the jostling about but the compression on your body/tummy when they strap you in with the shoulder restraint. Could that hurt us? When is a safe time to go "riding" once surgery is done and over?
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/12 9:35 am
Personally, I could not have even imagined doing it for the first 2-3 months.
laura_vermont
on 9/4/12 9:51 am
Recovery is pretty individual.  At 2 weeks post-op, I was cleared by my surgeon to swim... so, I did water slides with my kids.  When in doubt -- ask your surgeon. 
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

stlfocus
on 9/4/12 10:47 am - IA
I had surgery 9-19-11 and went to Disneyworld mid-January, 2012.  No problem at all with anything.

Elizabeth G.
on 9/4/12 11:04 am - RI
RNY on 10/18/12
Thanks for the responses, ladies! I will feel it out and go when I'm able.
OH2012
on 9/4/12 3:25 pm - OH
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

I did have an amusement park ride fiasco this last Saturday.

I haven't been on an amusement park ride (with the exception of a Merry Go Round)in the past 30 years. Why I decided to try one at our County Fair is beyond my comprehension. I did check the ride out before I got on it. The average sized woman that I noted on the ride had a ton of room between her and the bar closure. So, I got on with my granddaughter. Well, inside the outer bar closure, was an inner bar....and when he slammed the closure to accommodate my extended girth, I thought I would have an eternal dent in my pubic area. Of course, the ride appeared to last longer than any I've ever seen, it did finally stop. Where did it stop? At an area which made it more elevated in the air - of course. Now my fat a.s.s. (accentuated southern section) had to hop down. Gheez.... Talk about embarrassing. I think I'll pass next time.

Best Wishes for you though.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 325 views