It's a great day!

longhornrose
on 9/4/12 10:31 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
Just have to share the fact that I'm feeling perfectly good today, although a little tired from not sleeping very well.  I have arthritis in my neck, and it's been giving me fits at night when I try to get comfortable to sleep.  But today, that's just a minor detail!  I just feel so great, so happy, and so excited!!!

I'm on Day 6 of my pre-op diet, feeling skinnier and oh-so-proud that I'm doing so well!  I haven't cheated once, unless you count a couple of drinks (tea and one Diet Coke) that had caffeine in them.     For me, this is a giant step forward, as in the past, I would not have been able to last this long on so few calories/food.  I guess the difference really is my stated of mind, and the fact that protein actually does fill you up and reduces hunger.

I'm so excited about this whole venture, and looking forward to my Surgery Day!  I know it'll probably be rough right afterwards, but thankfully, I have the experiences of all the OH'ers who post so that I know the rough days will get better, and soon I'll be not only good as new, but way better!

Okay, carry on everybody; I'm going to get my happy self off this computer and do something (even if I do it wrong, LOL!)

Beth

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

Lori54555
on 9/4/12 10:39 am - Phillips, WI
Congratulations on all you have accomplished! The preop diet is one of the hardest things I had to do, and it sounds like you are doing fantastic. So what if you had a Diet Coke? You realized that this was something that is not allowed and have recognized that. You are well on your way to the loser's bench, welcome! By the way, I am 5 months out, and yes, I have indulged in a soda or 2 along the way. Have a bad day, make the next one better. :)

-Lori-

Lisa_K
on 9/4/12 5:56 pm - OH
Congratulations!  The pre op eating plan is a recent memory for me.  It was hardest the first couple of days. 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics