Have you tried running yet?

KittenLove
on 9/7/12 10:54 am - Around Knoxville, TN
This is the koolaid to actually drink

Welcome to the life-- it's a damn fine one!

Be happy. 

Sara O.
on 9/7/12 11:07 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
I walk everyday and run little sprints during. I can't run a full mile yet, but I'm working towards a full lap. 1 lap on my path= 1/3 mile. Any pointers so I can increase the distance? I get tired kinda quickly from running.
shiloh78
on 9/7/12 12:59 pm - Raleigh, NC
 Hmmmm a few tips for you...
1. Do a little more.  I started with intervals as well.  Since youre on a 1/3 mile path, it sounds like youre motivated by distance.  The next time you run, increase your running intervals by another 1/9---I can't imagine how long that it is, but my point is, it's a small amount and not so overwhelming. MAKE yourself do it!!!!!!  And do that same extra bit for the next week/two weeks however long it takes until it's easy.  Then increase it again.

2. Keep your walking breaks short.  If you're walking 1/2 mile in between running sprints, lower it to 1/4.  

3. When you can run 2/3mile without stopping, make your walking break only a minute.

4.When you can do that for two weeks, increase the running intervals a little more in length.

5.you just have to make yourself do it.  You will have days when your legs are heavy, but if you push through and still challenge yourself with the increases, you'll get tingles all over-literally-because you're getting stronger.  

6. I keep my running interesting now b make myself run faster I shirt bursts. I still take one minute walking breaks every six minutes, but for each run, I start out running for 15 minutes without stopping.  This is what works for me.

best wishes,
Shiloh

Sara O.
on 9/7/12 2:32 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
You've got me motivated to do this! Thank you!
shiloh78
on 9/7/12 4:25 pm - Raleigh, NC
 Before the surgery, I would run for a season, usually feb-may or August -December and then give up.  Also giving myself permission to run every other day kept me disciplined to stay with it for the long haul.  This gave me more flexibility to make plans with friends during the week too.  It just took pressure off me. It was the beginning of August that got me to increase to four days a week, every week.  My work schedule changed for he first time in nine years!

I like the four days.  I'm going to stick with this probably for a long time. 

As we all know three days a week of thirty minutes of aerobic exercise is not working out to lose weight.  It's a maintenance schedule.  

Im not ready to maintain. So right now I'm doing three days at 43 minutes and one day for 60 minutes.

best wishes,
Shiloh

Sara O.
on 9/7/12 9:34 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
I've seen a lot of people post that they exercise a few days a week. I can't imagine only doing it a few times a week. I walk/run every morning and night. I'm afraid if I limited the days I'd get lazy.
slucier82
on 9/7/12 1:25 pm - MI
RNY on 04/23/12
I tried running, only to be humiliated.  My tummy claps against my legs when I try to run/jog.  So until it is removed I'll stick to other activities.
shiloh78
on 9/7/12 4:16 pm - Raleigh, NC
You don't want to wear a girdle while you run?  That's crazy.
Just kidding!

Well yah! Try it again when it's removed!!!

best wishes,
Shiloh

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?