Need Advice - Pain from Dumping

alwaysbrandi
on 9/8/12 12:48 am - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
It's 3:30 AM and I've tried everything to alleviate the pain I'm in. I've been doubled over with sharp stabbing pains in the area above my belly button in the center. I think it's a mixture of being constipated and then reacting badly to the fat in peanuts and eating a little too much. I've had two bowel movements today but they were small and hard. I really think it might be diarrhea blocked up in me. The pain is similar to when diarrhea ha**** me in the past but is usually instantly eliminated as soon as I've used the bathroom. I've tried the heating pad, I've tried making myself throw up but nothing solid is coming up. I haven't eaten since about 8 pm. I took my night meds at 11 and threw them right back up. I have to work all day tomorrow or else I'd use an enema or suppository, I'm just afraid the side effects won't subside by 10:30 when I need to leave. I also thought about a muscle relaxer to help with the painful cramping but am afraid I'll sleep right through my alarm if I take one at this point. Any ideas are appreciated, I'm exhausted and in agony.

HW : 320 - SW : 284 - Surgeon's GW : 169 - My GW : 140

kidnamedtoad
on 9/8/12 1:07 am
An enema will work within 10 minutes.  If you are blocked up then ya gotta unstick it.  I don't know if you are blocked up though. 
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
jamiebrain
on 9/8/12 6:13 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
 How are you going to go to work if you're doubled over in pain?  Do what you have to do to feel better!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

BugdocMom
on 9/8/12 9:39 am - CA
This is not dumping pain. Dumping is a physiological reaction to sugar. Being DOUBLE OVER in pain and vomiting is also not a common symptom of constipation. If you are still this miserable, I would recemmend you call your surgeon on call or go to urgent care or the ER immediately.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/8/12 10:14 am, edited 9/8/12 3:16 am - OH
I agree with the previous responder. What you are experiencing has nothing to do with dumping (and fat causes intestinal issues but OT dumping),and vomiting has nothing to do with dumping OR constipation. You either need to take something strong to alleviate the constipation or go to the ER. Dumping does not cause PAIN.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 483 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 344 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 179 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 327 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?