How do I tell if i am getting a strikture or if it is something ealse??

marty69
on 9/8/12 3:28 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
So have noticed over the last few days i don't seem to be able to eat as much or drink as much. At first I thought it was just me listening better to my body. But today I think it's maybe something wrong. 2 bites of food and I have PAIN. And water is is slow to drink.Like it just trickles down instead of just going down. Could this be a strickture?, or something ealse???
  Thanks in advance for all the support and knowledge. I am 3 months out.

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/8/12 4:25 pm - OH
 It yes, it could be a stricture, but since your surgery was way back in February, it is not nearly as likely as if you were early out. (Most strictures occur in the first couple of months as the stoma heals.)  Anytime you have trouble eating or drinking, though, you should contact your surgeon.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

BugdocMom
on 9/8/12 4:40 pm - CA
Sounds like it could very well be a stricture and you are in the prime window for such a complication. If, over the weekend, it gets to where you cannot hold down fluids, call your suregon on call or go to the ER. If it is still bothering you Monday at all, call your doc then just to let them know what's going on. Hope you feel better soon!
MyLady Heidi
on 9/8/12 4:46 pm
Call your surgeon right away, it does sound like a stricture and given all you have already been through you will want to get this taken care of asap.

Good Luck!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/8/12 4:50 pm - OH
 I'm confused. Your ticker says you had RNY in February which would make you six months out, but your post says you are three.  Which is correct?  If you are only 3 months out, yes, it is likely a stricture.  If you are six months out, it is less likely to be a stricture.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

marty69
on 9/8/12 5:02 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
Sorry for the confusion, I had surgery june 6th. I entered this site in February and some how got the date in the wrong spot.( I am not the brightest bulb at time.)

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?