Is this what I have to live with?!?!

Beth B.
on 9/10/12 8:30 am - Fayetteville, NC
I am 4 weeks post-op today.  I have been in the hospital twice since surgery with a major GI bleed and found out I have an ulcer.  I am trying to eat but that isn't going well.  A friend of mine had this surgery 2 years ago and she is telling me that the things that are on my can eat list I shouldn't be eating...I cant get much down.  Woke up this morning nauseous and throwing up...but nothing to throw up.  I go back to the dr tomorrow....just so frustrated.  I have lost 30 lbs but haven't lost any in over a week.  I haven't been able to walk because of my stomach.  I did take my dog for a short walk this morning and I am going to try to do that several times a day.  I guess I just need some encouragement.  I am almost out of time at work and worried about that.....so tired of sitting here alone staring at these 4 walls.

Thanks for listening....Beth

kcarlson0814
on 9/10/12 8:34 am - CA
RNY on 09/10/12
I have heard the first 4 weesk are the hardest and most people have "buyers remorse".  It also sounds like your recovery has been harder than most.   Try and stay positive and know this too shall pass and you'll start to feel better soon.   My thoughts are with you.

(my surgery is today)... 
HW: 300 / Lapband Low: 247 / RNY: 9/10/12          
gbtesq
on 9/10/12 9:21 am
RNY on 12/10/12
Best wishes and Good luck today!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/10/12 8:41 am
Oh my, i'm so sorry. I had a really rough recovery too, and I can empathize with you. You will get past this though. Ulcers are really treatable. It's just that yours happened so early out it made it a much more painful experience. To be honest, I'd go back to a liquid diet for now. You can't keep anything down anyway, and every time you try to eat you just irritate the ulcer and your new pouch. Are you on meds for the ulcer? If so, you should start feeling some relief soon.
Ksan32
on 9/10/12 8:43 am - AZ
Early on is very tough. I wanted a do over! I just couldn't eat and blood sugar and blood pressure kept tanking. Then I was dehydrated and had fluids for 4 hours. I am just over a year out and I am in love with the "Diva" I have become. Just hang on it will get better.

I am currently at 130 lbs 10 pounds below goal weight!

Beth B.
on 9/10/12 8:58 am - Fayetteville, NC
Thanks guys for your kind words.  Yes, I am on ulcer meds and nexium.  The protein shakes make me sick thinking about them...I will continue to try to increase my intake....thanks for everything.
Beth
lillypond...
on 9/10/12 10:09 am
I am so sorry that you do not feel well-- but it does get better, you just had yours lump all together, Have you tried Syntrax nectar I was not a milk drinker at first I got my at the vitamin shoppe here it is a protein powder but it taste like fruit juice, they have all kinds of flavors and it has 23 grams of protein-- no carbs or sugar. hope you start feeling better :)
cajungirl
on 9/10/12 10:06 am
Sorry you are having a difficult time, Beth.  The first month or two are seem to be the toughest anyway, add in the ulcer problems and it just magnifies the recovery.

Hang in there, it DOES get better.  What meds to they have you on for the ulcer?  Carafate and protonix seem to have helped many so if you continue to suffer from the ulcer (and these aren't the ones you are on) ask your doctor to try these.

I concur with going back to liquids only (if possible) for a few days and give your pouch a rest.  What types of foods are you allowed now?  In general, anyone with ulcers will do better with a bland diet.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Carmen C.
on 9/10/12 10:38 am
RNY on 08/08/12
 I am just over 4 weeks have had major issues also .. I am having buyers remorse as I haven't lost very much weight I can't hold down anything really solid .. They say this gets better I hope so

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

ready2be140
on 9/10/12 11:43 am - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
 Beth, just know you have the whole OH family with you, you are not alone in this.   Sending positive thoughts your way to feel better soon!  
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 367 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 463 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 285 views