Clothes for after surgery

MBMom
on 9/13/12 6:39 am
RNY on 09/17/12
What is comfortable for the weeks following surgery?
M M
on 9/13/12 6:43 am
 Super-loose jammies.  Don't buy anything new.  
alwaysbrandi
on 9/13/12 6:54 am - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
I'm 9 weeks out and am still wearing my pre-op clothes. Ok, so not all of them, I've been wearing loose dresses to work that used to be snug because my work pants fall to my ankles. But, for the weeks I was home after surgery my 3x loose pj pants were all I wanted. Those and some basketball shorts. Bras hurt my pouch so I wore sports bras and baggy t-shirts. Trust me, you won't care what you're wearing. It was a marathon to shower, you'll be lucky to even get dressed lol.

HW : 320 - SW : 284 - Surgeon's GW : 169 - My GW : 140

Dee.spunk
on 9/13/12 7:07 am - Sacramento, CA
I wore pjs with the drawstrings. So if they felt lose I'd could just tighten them. But I just wanted anything that didn't touch my stomach area or squeezed it. So big t shirts and sweat were my favorites.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Gizzys
on 9/13/12 7:18 am - Canada
Yup - and no bras.  At least I didn't wear any around the house, and I didn't really care.  Scary sight, I'm sure.  But comfort was all I was thinking about.  I wanted nothing to do with anything tight fitting or restrictive for the first 4 weeks.

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

macjuicy
on 9/13/12 7:24 am - FL
a Snuggy

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Sarah R.
on 9/13/12 7:54 am
loose pajama bottoms and I wore tanks with built in bras

cajungirl
on 9/13/12 7:56 am
something loose, I wore flowing dresses or lose pj bottoms and a tshirt while recovering.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

macjuicy
on 9/13/12 8:25 am - FL
def something loose for that damn IV tube which you have on the entire time!! lol hated that crap

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Sarah C.
on 9/13/12 10:50 am - AR
RNY on 09/05/12
I'm with everyone else.  Drawstring shorts that were baggy to begin with, and oversized t-shirts.  I actually purchased some 2x and 3x tops and bottoms just because I knew I'd want comfy stuff.  but things with drawstrings are the way to go!!

I've not worn a bra but a couple of times since surgery (only a week out) and that's when i was in public or when I was on the treadmill I wore a very loved sports bra that had virtually NO restraint at all. 

I'm starting to stress about returning to work next week.  I am planning to wear yoga pants because they are stretchy and black.  Fortunately, I don't see clients and everyone at work is super supportive, so if I have to wear something a little less than professional, I think it'll be fine.  I doubt, however, that my green sleepy shorts with white polka dots will be considered appropriate.  But who knows, they may think i'm quite stylish!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 274 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics