Bad food choice confession

maggaggie
on 9/17/12 6:52 am - MO
RNY on 05/29/12
Just need to put it out there and confess the stupid food choices I've been making.  Also wondering what some of you have done to get back on the bandwagon and use your tool.
Surgery 5/29/12...
Kay L.
on 9/17/12 12:01 am, edited 9/17/12 12:01 am - N., AL
Well, you don't really give much detail, and maybe you're scared to. But you might have a better realization if you actually post the foods you're eating, or better yet, get into a food tracking application such as Spark People or myfitnesspalor the one here on OH and put in there what you're eating. It will be a REAL eye opener for you.

Since you only had your surgery in May, and you're already to a point where you feel this need to confess, I would also suggest conseling. You are sabotaging yourself. Everybody makes mistakes, but the tone of your post seems, maybe a little more than a few mistakes.

You know what you're supposed to do. Protein first, avoid simple (white carbs), portion control, plenty of water (not drinking with meals though), vitamins and exercise.
Allen Y.
on 9/17/12 7:01 am - Garland, TX
 Only thing you can do is dust yourself off, be honest about what you have done, resolve to change and make that change on minute at a time.

summerjoyZ
on 9/17/12 7:10 am - TN
 My answer is simple. Those foods got you here in the first place so knock it off. I love the new me I am 7 months out and have lost 103 pounds. I have desided I will not go backwards and I have not once slipped up. If you need something sweet go get some fat free no sugar added frozen yogurt it always does the trick for me. 

Larry Wassmann
on 9/17/12 7:11 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
This is a life long deal. You have modified your body now. You are going to have bumps along the way. You look young so you are going to have to live with this surgery for a long long time. So you can always use the tool. Start logging what you eat each meal. Set goals, follow the rules your surgeon and NUT set for you. There is no end to this journey you are going to have to do the plan for the rest of what I hope is long long life. Good luck to you and just do your best. This is not a competition, there is no trophy at the end, no gold medals. It is called life. You can do it, I know you can.     

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Kim Tracey
on 9/17/12 7:28 am - Canada
I did the 5 day pouch test and it worked
maggaggie
on 9/17/12 7:29 am - MO
RNY on 05/29/12
What is that?
Surgery 5/29/12...
Kim Tracey
on 9/17/12 8:30 am - Canada
I was on a stall for three months and a friend got me to google it.  you follow it for 5 days they give you food options it was a tough go but i did it and it reminded me how easy bad habits can creep back into your life I have also been looking for rny friends that I can phyicaly hang out with as some of my friends dont understand my eating habits and I think it would be easier to hang out with some one who understands how i feel they just see the 123 pound weight loss not the daily issues i have :)
BWB
on 9/17/12 2:59 pm, edited 9/16/12 8:03 pm
"friends that I can phyicaly hang out with as some of my friends dont understand my eating habits and I think it would be easier to hang out with some one who understands how i feel "

That is wonderful common sense. I don't know you but I am proud of you for putting that out here. Congratulations.

kirk6400
on 9/17/12 1:57 pm - Watauga, TX
RNY on 09/06/12
What the heck is the 5 day pouch test? And what is it used for?

HW...265....SW...260....CW....229....RNY on 9/06/12

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 236 views