Suddenly Nauseous???

Jennifer P.
on 9/17/12 4:02 pm - MN
RNY on 07/31/12
 I woke up this morning and am suddenly really nauseous.  I'm 7 weeks post op and have awful acid reflux, which was discovered 5 weeks post op.  I woke up this morning and felt horribly nauseous.  Drinking is being forced but I can hardly eat.  This is different than the "I forget to eat/I don't want to eat" feeling.  I pooped for the first time in about 3 weeks over the weekend, but I feel like there's more in there.  Could this nauseous feeling be from constipation?  Swallowing has been a bit difficult but things seem to be passing through just fine, so I don't think anything is stuck above my stomach, just worried my small bowel is backed up!  

Any comments are welcome!

artroxy blue
on 9/17/12 4:46 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 When I'm super constipated, I get nauseous and that awful feeling of it building up. Hopefully, you can get some relief soon. 

Warm liquids--tea, coffee, water--helps dislodge some stuff when I'm constipated. Also, if you can tolerate yogurt, that has helped in the past. I'm sure an enema would be the fastest relief, though. 
cajungirl
on 9/17/12 9:47 am, edited 9/17/12 9:49 am
 Yes constipation can cause nausea have you taken anything to help with the constipation?  Early out I dealt with it a lot and milk of magnesia always was my go to. Stool softeners never helped. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views