Food dreams

jjsparkilzz
on 9/18/12 5:44 pm - Selden, NY
I had my RnY on Aug 22nd and pretty much everything is good. Since i ve been home, I have food dreams almost every night where Ive eatten something I shouldnt have and freaked out about it. Sometimes they feel so real that when I wake up, I look around for the candy bar wrapper or any evidence of the food I dreamt about. I know that I am terrified of dumping so this is probably my subconcious playing out my fear but has anyone else experienced this? Im not worried about it but my fiance thinks I should see the psych about it. Thoughts?

Annie_Anaba
on 9/18/12 5:50 pm
RNY on 08/27/12
I dreamed about Thanksgiving last night and I was eating pumpkin pie. I kept waiting for the dumping to happen but it didnt, lol. When I woke up I was actually nauseous until I drank some water. It was the first time I dreamed about food post-op (8/27/12) but I have dreamed about pepsi. I think its normal, but I do see my therapist next week. Lol.
Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/18/12 6:46 pm
I haven't had the food dreams, but for a couple of years after I quit smoking, I had cigarette dreams. In the dreams, I would always tell myself I was a nonsmoker. I would then feel guilty in my dream about smoking. I didn't want to smoke when I was awake though.

Maybe it's stress while making a big life change.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Lindsay J.
on 9/18/12 7:45 pm - Minot, ND
RNY on 09/05/12
Ahh! I had one the other night that caused me to wake up in a panicked sweat. I was eating a fatty ribeye charged on the outside and was just shoveling it in all the while thinking this is going to get stuck, stop doing this, your going to throw up. I have been doing fine as well with following orders and everything and haven't done anything to make my second guess myself, but I think the wanting and missing of chewing my food is what spured that dream. Because as much as I wanted to chew I was also scared out of my mind about messing up chewing when I hit that stage (which I got to do tonight!)
Kallen27
on 9/19/12 4:36 am
Funny I normally dont dream about food but I did last night ALOT mostly donuts!!!

PositivelyPammy
on 9/19/12 8:10 am - CO
RNY on 07/16/12

I dream about food almost nightly.  But for me it's not "bad" feelings I get.  Usually I dream about eating stuff I used to eat in my former life and just LOVING IT! LOL.

I think your subconscious is just working things out... I wouldn't worry about it.  Dreams help you workout things without you realizing what's going on. 

TammyH968
on 9/19/12 8:48 am - Wichita Falls, TX
I dream about food alot.  And they are very vivid dreams.  Just glad I don't get the pounds from eating it.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics