Feeling full and bloated

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 9/21/12 2:58 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
Day 5 out from surgery and I feel bloated and full all the time.  I've been drinking like crazy but ugh, it's uncomfortable.

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Missy A.
on 9/21/12 3:46 pm - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
I felt the same way after my surgery. You probably are still bloated from the fluids they filled you with while in the hospital. It takes some time to get it all out.

Glad you did well with your surgery!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

kirk6400
on 9/21/12 4:11 pm - Watauga, TX
RNY on 09/06/12
Be aware of constipation.....I know it's not a very pleasant topic but it can make you feel pretty miserable.

HW...265....SW...260....CW....229....RNY on 9/06/12

Kay1975
on 9/21/12 4:53 pm - PA
Me too. I feel so full and bloated.  On the other note.. How can we avoid the constipation.  Can we take something now before it happens?? I hate the thought of that.

Kay Kay

poet_kelly
on 9/22/12 9:06 am - OH
Mirilax is safe to take every day and it works to keep me from getting stopped up.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MBMom
on 9/21/12 5:12 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
Hi!!! I feel the same....my surgeon had to give me reglan to help. It has been a help...still feel full, just not stuffed.
Jewelsstevens
on 9/21/12 5:55 pm - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
I feel bloated too, as if my stomach is hard. I should look and see what my surgeon recommended. Maybe head it off a bit.

kirk6400
on 9/21/12 6:47 pm - Watauga, TX
RNY on 09/06/12
My doctor told me to take miralax, but I've also been told it's ok to take milk of magnesia (sp?). I safely took dulcolax 2mg tablet...they are orange tablets and very tiny. After they do their thing or while they are in the process, be sure you keep your fluid intake going. You don't want to get dehydrated.

I was 2 days post op and the nausea was horrible. After I drank my protein drink I would feel this pressure building in the abdomen. I didn't know what was happening and got scared that something had gone wrong with my surgery. After calling my surgeon at 11:00 p.m. one night was told to take the laxative. What a difference it made in my immediate turn around of recovery. I felt so much better. The nausea went away and so did the feeling of pressure.

HW...265....SW...260....CW....229....RNY on 9/06/12

Annie_Anaba
on 9/21/12 7:43 pm
RNY on 08/27/12
My NUT told us to eat sugar free applesauce every day for a snack. I havent had to do that yet so idk if it works. My body has always been pretty good at waste management, lol.

daphneb
on 9/21/12 11:50 pm - AK
 Drink lots of water and move around a lot around the house.  I know it's hard to move where you're at, but it wasn't long ago that I was there too.  That first week is kind of rough with the whole getting all the crap out of your system from surgery.  I drank a lot of fluids that first week and got to peeing pretty good day three, after my first night back home.  It was nice because I wasn't in the hospital and had my own bathroom.  Getting in/out of bed wasn't fun, but I'd rather be peeing and getting rid of that awful bloating feeling.  The smells my body went through during those weeks, ugh.  

I don't want to forget those feelings, it's a great way to remember what it took for us to get this done and to ensure we never go back to how we were pre-surgery.

Get some sugar free popsicles if you haven't already.  I was doing up to three a day and apparently they count towards your fluids.  They'll help you too and I felt so much better when I ate those.

Hang in there, in about a week you'll start to feel more human again 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 343 views