I dont want to fail please help

missgg
on 9/22/12 9:18 pm
Hello all im 15 months out and i need help i feel like i am gaining i dont know what to do at this moment but i dont want to fail at times it feels like i can eat a lot and others not so much does any one else feel like this if so what did you do to continue and i would like someone to talk to while im on this journey thank you in advance

Allen Y.
on 9/22/12 9:51 pm - Garland, TX
 Hopefully your surgeon has a 'NUT". Start journaling what you eat and then discuss it with your nut. I feel your pain as I am on my second WLS.

JJ_
on 9/23/12 3:24 am
What you need to do?

- keep a food journal - are you eating protein first, then veggies and if any room left over - either fruit or potato?

- are you drinking at least 8 cups of fluids per day?

-  how is your exercise going?  can you do more or are you at a good place.

- are you getting all your vitamins in?

Concentrate on doing all the above steps.  Yes, there are days when you could probably eat more, but I find that if I concentrate on getting my protein in, all hunger ceases.

You will need to be vigilant your whole life, not just for today.  However, if you start with today, and start a new day each time, you will start to string the days together and they turn into weeks, etc.

Good luck,

Judy
brzmom
on 9/23/12 5:49 am - MO
RNY on 08/08/12

I'm only 8 weeks out and I feel that way sometimes.  Dinner is my biggest problem.  If we are having something I really like like taco's I can't stop eating them.  I eat to much I know but I never throw up and I never dump, at least not yet.  I am never really hungry and I never feel full, satisfied yes but full no unless I eat to much.  Now I still am not eating what I used to before surgery but I still feel like I can over eat if I have no will power.  I like the weekdays because I go to work and take my lunch and control my portions much better.  So yes I know exactly how you feel some days are good and some aren't.  I typically have no will power but it has gotten better since surgery.  I am motivated to be healthier, you just need to find your motivation again!

mcmanis
on 9/23/12 10:20 am - CA
VSG on 08/29/12
I have a weigh scale that I put everything on. Nothing gets eaten until its weighed. And i keep a food journal on myfitnesspal they even have a mobile app. This really helps with accountability. There are some days that I am more hungry but I realize its just head hunger and I just need to have something in my mouth so in those cases I eat a SF popcicle or I eat a jello cup.

HW-300 SW-259.5 CW-175 GW-140
M1:24 M2:15 M3:14 M4:4 M5:12 M6:8 M7:7 M8:0 M9:0 M10:5

macjuicy
on 9/22/12 11:15 pm, edited 9/22/12 11:16 pm - FL
 Im not his promoter and I make nothing off the sales of his book but Buy the Audiobook Skinny Rules from Bob Harper .... I am about the same time out as you and it Changed my entire perspective on eating healthy and losing more weight

www.amazon.com/The-Skinny-Rules-Nonnegotiable-Principles/dp/ B0083EG0KY/ref=sr_1_2

Bob Harper is my new NUT!!!

Good Luck

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

poet_kelly
on 9/23/12 7:23 am - OH
On September 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM Pacific Time, missgg wrote:
Hello all im 15 months out and i need help i feel like i am gaining i dont know what to do at this moment but i dont want to fail at times it feels like i can eat a lot and others not so much does any one else feel like this if so what did you do to continue and i would like someone to talk to while im on this journey thank you in advance
I'm not sure what you mean by saying you feel like you are gaining.  Does the scale show that you are gaining?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mary Catherine
on 9/23/12 8:05 am
 After surgery there is easy weight loss, then there is a period of easy maintenance.  That is followed by a period where the body wakes up and starts to overcome the effects of the surgery.  The feeling that you have now is real even if the scale does not show a gain.

In order to lose more weight now or even just maintain your lost weight, you need to start working at this very hard.  Track your food, track your weight, and track your exercise.  Avoid most carbs and concentrate on lean protein.  Drink a lot of water.  

You have a tool that will make this much easier than it was before surgery.  You are at the point where you can eat as much as most normal people.   Don't eat just because you can, that is what got you to surgery.  Plan meals that are high protein and healthy.  

The real results of weight loss surgery is that 50% of people regain 50% of their lost weight by five years.  So if 100 people lost 100 pounds each, 50 of them will gain back 50 pounds.  It will always be a struggle to lose weight and to maintain that loss.  The free ride from surgery is over for you, now you have to start the hard work.
Larry Wassmann
on 9/23/12 10:02 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
I like tacos too and have 2 each Friday night. I treat them like I do anything else I eat and intend to do this for the rest of my life and hope this is looked at as help, not preaching or bad mouthing what others do. 
At this time, I can only eat about 2.5oz of solid food and about 4oz of soft food like refried beans and cheese which I use in my tacos. Here is what I do on all foods. I get out my scale and measuring cups first…Always always. I have a taco spice cooked into just enough hamburger. I have learned by doing it how much raw hamburger is needed for the number of tacos I am going to cook. I take 2oz of the hamburger and place it on a paper plate on the scale. That would be my solid food. Now I take 2oz of refried beans and put it on the paper plate on the scale. Now I have a total of 4oz of both solid and soft foods. Now I had 1oz of shredded cheese that would be one more ounce of soft foods for a total of 5oz. A little over what I normally can have and not get sick. I then take the paper plate with the ingredients off the scale and put half in one hard taco shell add lettuce and salsa and then fill one more taco shell with the rest of the ingredients. 
I eat the first taco very very slowly. Chew very well. After the first taco I get up. Put all the extra ingredients in the refrigerator or toss them out, and start on my second taco checking to see if I am getting full. Many times I can not finish the second Taco and toss it in the garbage. I count calories and carbs and tacos are high in both so I have to adjust what I eat in the day previously so that I will have the room in my diet to have the tacos. 
I follow the same procedure on everything I eat. Plan, weigh/measure serve, eat, clean up anything left over. I would have to go out of my way to eat a third taco as I only take to shells and only enough ingredients to do two, not 4 or five. Same goes for anything I eat so that my personal bad habit of over eating does not get me again. 
Now this is extra work, I do it because it is for me. My wife has the same thing just a little bigger serving of each ingredient so I make the adjustment for her. I just don’t think we can ever just make up a batch of stuff for anything we are going to eat and pile it on our plates. It is going to always take planning and preparation. The last thing I do is log and check everything into MFP. 
So far it works for me and hope this procedure that may seem silly to you on how to do something simple as tacos, will be helpful. It really becomes a habit after a time and does not seem that hard to find a way of limiting and controlling what you put in your mouth and folks I really doubt that anyone is holding us down and forcing food into us other than are old fat brains

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

mcmanis
on 9/23/12 10:24 am - CA
VSG on 08/29/12
You can eat a tacoshell? I thought that was a big no no...

HW-300 SW-259.5 CW-175 GW-140
M1:24 M2:15 M3:14 M4:4 M5:12 M6:8 M7:7 M8:0 M9:0 M10:5

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 293 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?