soup

lelagoddess
on 9/22/12 8:34 am
This might be a silly question....I'm only 2 weeks post op now, but I'm thinking about the future...can we have real chicken soup (or other broth based soups) after the RNY?  I'm concerned about the eating and drinking at the same time aspect of soup.  It never occured to me to ask the dietician.

Thank you!

Annie_Anaba
on 9/22/12 8:55 am
RNY on 08/27/12
Yes we can have it but not the noodles in Campbells chicken noodle, or the rice in the other. I cant do broth post-op so I hope you can. They gave it to me as my first meal in the hospital. If you are post-op you should be getting it now since its part of the liquid diet.

ChristineB
on 9/22/12 9:20 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On September 22, 2012 at 8:34 AM Pacific Time, lelagoddess wrote:
This might be a silly question....I'm only 2 weeks post op now, but I'm thinking about the future...can we have real chicken soup (or other broth based soups) after the RNY?  I'm concerned about the eating and drinking at the same time aspect of soup.  It never occured to me to ask the dietician.

Thank you!
This is one of those meal items that you can throw away the drink/eat at the same time rule. The one thing that you should concentrate on when you are finally cleared to consume soup is that you make it with substance. Make sure it has protein and good veggies in it. Touch base with the doctor and the NUT about this food. They might have you stick with solid proteins and veggies to begin with and then a few months from now you can have some soup.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

lelagoddess
on 9/22/12 9:54 am
 Thank you.  I make my own soup, so it's easy to ensure protein and veggies.

Cheryle
on 9/22/12 4:01 pm - VA
 I made some homemade olive garden pasta fagoie soup this week. Of course I didn't add the pasta mmm good 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/22/12 5:10 pm - OH
Many surgeons would disagree with you on "throwing out" the eating and drinking at the same time, and would tell you to drink the liquid portion of the soup and then eat the solids.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics