feeling positive and wanting to share!

katie G.
on 9/22/12 10:49 am
Im 11 days post op today. Ive had an easy recovery compaed to most that ive read so ive got little to nothing to complain about.
at my f/u yesterday the PA asked if i was able to eat 1/2 c of soft/puree yet. I thought she was nuts lol. Ive had little to no appetite and have been focusing on fluids... still not 100% on that yet but today ive been taking it easy so far. Got my vitamins and 16oz in before any food and then got about 4oz of greek yogurt it... it took me like 40 min and the help of surfing this site but it was a success!
Im down 12lbs plus the iv fluid weight since surgery. Walking regularly And giving protien and fluids my all.
I havent had any 'buyers remourse' just a few emotional episodes from the fatigue where ive got to stop and remind myself that i may have only 6 little incision sites but my insides have been through hell and im gonna wear out easy!
my clothes are baggy and im loving it. I feel like seeing a 1 on the scale instead of a 2 is actually possible. It had to have been like 8th grade when ive seen that last and this coming june will be my 10 year hs reunion. My son comes home from his fathers tomorrow and i feel like ive got so much to be thankful for and to look forward to.
Paul Carrick
on 9/22/12 11:42 am, edited 9/22/12 4:51 am - Eastsound, WA
VSG on 08/27/12
Katie:

Congratulations. I'm so glad to hear it.

I'm a bit over 21 days out in my experience was very similar.

Keep up the good work.

Paul...

HW: 360 SW: 342 GW: 175 CW:  Click to find out  
  "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." - John Lennon

BugdocMom
on 9/22/12 8:33 pm - CA
This is the way it's supposed to be! Enjoy having such a wonderful experience. Your positive attitude makes all the difference!! Congrats!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 265 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics