Isopure Protein Drinks

kirk6400
on 9/24/12 4:49 am - Watauga, TX
RNY on 09/06/12
I'd love to hear from people who use an Isopure product for their protein. Do you use the RTD fruit flavored drinks, or do you use the powder mix? What flavors do you find the most palatable?

HW...265....SW...260....CW....229....RNY on 9/06/12

Sonogrrl
on 9/24/12 4:56 am
RNY on 05/22/12
To me the RTD fruit ones have a weird taste. I have a case I haven't used. I use the Dutch chocolate powder daily. One scoop of that with one scoop of Click mocha makes a delish shake with about 33g protein. I do it hot on the weekend but cold with ice at work.
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
mikerccie
on 9/24/12 6:47 am
RNY on 02/28/12
I use the RTD's.  The Blue, Grape and Orange are the flavors I keep on hand.  There is a strange after-taste that gets much better if you put some ice or even some cold water in them.

I use them because they are thin like water (as opposed to a thick shake-like drink) and they have 40 grams of protein in one twenty ounce bottle.

On the other hand I have the Alpine Punch Powder and it tastes salty and I can't wait until I finish the jug to make it go away!

Dave Chambers
on 9/24/12 7:23 am - Mira Loma, CA

It's really a personal taste issue.  I found the RTD version SUCKED, and threw all 6 bottles of different flavors away before they were gone. I couldn't stand the taste. The powders to me tasted fine. Some people say they found these were a "little gritty" but this issue didn't bother me at all.  Ask if you can return the powder or RTD for exchange to another product or a refund if you find you can't tolerate them.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Lindsay J.
on 9/24/12 8:43 am - Minot, ND
RNY on 09/05/12
I drink the RTD grape frost cold from the fridge. Pre-op I really didn't care for them but post-op I don't mind them. The whey does cause them to leave a weird after taste/film in your mouth, but it goes away quickly and I find the colder it is the less that happens.

monkeymom
on 9/24/12 4:15 am - WA
RNY on 07/11/12
I use the powder, dutch choc and vanilla.  haven't tried the other flavors yet, but will in the future.  i love them, they mix easy for me. 
wendydettmer
on 9/24/12 4:19 am - Rochester, NY
I am one who can tolerate any protein, have never been bothered by texture, flavor, smell, etc.

EXCEPT with the ready to drink fruit isopure, they make me want to stab myself with a spork. they are awful.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

kirk6400
on 9/24/12 12:48 pm - Watauga, TX
RNY on 09/06/12
stab myself with a spork.....ha ha ha ha ha ha..rofl

HW...265....SW...260....CW....229....RNY on 9/06/12

MsVThin
on 9/24/12 5:06 am - Hesperia, CA
 I just tried the grape frost, didnt like it.  My friend like the iced tea flavor isopure the best.  Like said, its all about your personal taste.  I'm trying different nectars now.  I've also been using the premier protein from costco.
C3m13p16
on 9/24/12 5:44 am - Knoxville, TN
The RTD realy doesn't taste great, but I drink 2 a day.  I am not able to eat any solid food right now without vomitting.  So the RTD tastes better than the taste of vomit.  I am waiting on the Unjury chicken broth flavored power to arrive so that I can have something to add to my broth.  I am on liquids for the next few weeks and it seems to be the easiest on my stomach so far.  Good luck!

Christina

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 206 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 478 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 397 views