possible pill stuck?

amarie3579
on 9/24/12 8:25 am
RNY on 09/20/12
I'm 4 days post-op of RNY, and I'm on anti-biotic, doc told me to cut them in half since crushing them would make them taste terrible. Well I did good the last couple of days on them, today for some reason I took my first dose, an hour passed I then felt like there was a heaviness in my stomach, just below my breast bone, I layed down, it settled but when I go to drink I can just tell something is sitting there, has anyone else expirenced this, and if so, did it pass?

Starting Weight: 345 lbs. Weight day of Surgery: 332lbs. Goal Weight: 160lbs.

Allen Y.
on 9/24/12 9:43 am - Garland, TX
 My suspicion is it will feel much worse and eventually you will puke. Otherwise after a few hours it will go away. Sometimes puking on purpose gets you relief sooner, but your so new with WLS I don't recommend forcing yourself to puke.

chowell
on 9/24/12 10:53 am, edited 9/24/12 10:53 am - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
i am so scared of that i am going to crush my pills and put them in something like yogart or pudding or in my brooth. i am trying differenjt ways before surgery

Cecily Howell                

Barbara C.
on 9/24/12 1:06 pm - Raleigh, NC

It's really important to talk with your Dr's office about the best way to take the pills. Some pills don't do as well if they are not taken as prescribed, so it's really important to work with your Dr to find the best way to take them. Also, it's important not to open up capsules because it can impact the administration of the medication.

Wishing you all the best,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Barbara C.
on 9/24/12 1:04 pm - Raleigh, NC

It sounds like you may have a pill stuck. Generally, this passes with time. You may want to call your surgeon's office in the morning and let them know what happened and ask for some direction for taking the next dose. Do not to against your Dr's advise and crush the pills if you have been advised against doing so. It might help to cut the pills in 1/4's if you had an issue with cutting them in half.

I hope that your next dose goes down more easily.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

amarie3579
on 9/25/12 9:13 am
RNY on 09/20/12
Thank you for all the help, it finally passed in like an hour. Today I sucked it up and cut it smaller lol. It went down better, thank goodness.

Starting Weight: 345 lbs. Weight day of Surgery: 332lbs. Goal Weight: 160lbs.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 201 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 372 views
Recent Topics