Unjury Protein'd Cheese Sauce

wmamey
on 9/25/12 5:00 am
RNY on 06/18/12
Has anyone used this? Is it any good? Worth buying?

juleskar
on 9/25/12 5:05 am
MM and Eggface did an on camera review either at the WLSFA Meet and Greet, or the ASMBS. They didn't look too thrilled by it.
wmamey
on 9/25/12 5:09 am
RNY on 06/18/12
Thanks I'll check it out and see if I can find the review.

65rosesmom
on 9/25/12 5:05 am
I got an e-mail about it this morning, was wondering myself.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

SoCaPinkLady
on 9/25/12 5:34 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
My sister in Law,  who is a lap bander hated it and told me to not waste my money on it. She said it was horrible.

Lori                               

Graceful1969
on 9/25/12 5:57 am
I absolutely love, love, love it.  Use it almost daily over grilled chicken and veggies.  Great tasting and no after taste.  I use a lot less water to mix it, because when you pour it over hot food, it kind of gets runny.  They say to use 3 tablespoons of water, I just put enough in it to make it into a thick paste.

kathyshrinks
on 9/25/12 6:16 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
I hated it, but that was early on in my journey, back when I thought people who said Quest bars tasted like brownies were delusional.  Now I actually like those bars, so apparently my tastes have changed - or I have lowered my standards, however you want to look at it. 

I might try the cheese sauce again sometime.  Maybe if I mixed it with some real cheese it might be palatable.  The previous poster was right about the consistency.  When it hits the hot food it gets thinner, so you need to mix it thick.

UNJURY
on 9/25/12 6:36 am - Sterling, VA

I am addressing this entire thread, not just wmamey:

You will always get differences in opinion, expecially when competitors are talking about competitors products.

Do you like cheese?  

Our orders today, when we announced the start of our 2nd Season of availability (so far only East of the Mississippi and not yet in Florida) suggests that many people who used it last season have been waiting for it.

You should know that UNJURY return policies are unusually friendly.  We take back open containers.  We can afford to do this be we don't get many returns.

Kind regards
Jerome
UNJURY(R) Protein
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/25/12 6:49 am - OH
For context, I really like the Unjury Chocolate Splendor and Chicken Soup flavors, but hate the strawberry, and think the other shake flavors are just so-so... I also despise Isopure protein water but love the Cytomax protein waters, like the Isopure Smoothies, don't like either flavor of Click or the chocolate or vanilla Muscle Milk Light RTDs, but I really like the chocolate and banana Oh Yeah RTDs.

That being said, I thought the Unjury cheese flavored protein was decent.  Not great, but better than just edible.  Think Kraft Mac and Cheese sauce. I am 5 years out, though, and don't do protein supplements much beyond mixing some powder in with my SF hot chocolate in the morning.  I also don't eat much in terms of special food like protein bars except as emergency food (hypoglycemic).

What I disliked about it was that it is only available in a large size, has to be refrigerated, and expires quickly.  I used it only twice before it expired (and the first time I just mixed up a bit to see how it tasted)... So it was WAY too expensive to waste the entire bag minus one meal.  I did not notice a protein taste and did not notice much smell (but I am not especially sensitive to protein smell, whereas some others are).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 9/25/12 9:37 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I bought 2 of these bags before surgery and used it ONCE for veggies, I really have nothing to put it over, would LOVE to have mac and cheese , but that ain't going to happen.
I didn't mind the taste at all

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 247 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?