Lotion for dry skin

Dave Chambers
on 9/25/12 2:34 am - Mira Loma, CA

Yesterday I went to Sally's Beauty Supply to check on a skin lotion I'd noted a lot of good reviews online. The line is called Moist Hemp.  It comes in a variety of neutral or scented varieties, but I chose the one with aragan oil.  Cost is $7.99 full retail, or $7.19 with the Sally card.  I'm retired military, so I got my wife's card renewed for no cost instead of $5.  My wife and I both tried this lotion when I got home. It's not greasy, has a thick constistency, absorbs into skin very rapidly, and you don't see any trace of lotion in about 1 minute.  I wanted a good absorbing lotion to mix with a herbal mixture for pain relief for my wife. She has very serious back issues and was just diagnosed with neuropathy in her feet.  It will take me a week to "finalize brewing" the herbal pain additive, and then I'll mix with lotion.  I just bought some 8 oz cobalt blue lotion bottles online to bottle the mixture. I'll have to cut open Moist Line bottles to remove thick lotion to mix with herbal pain ingredient, and then rebottle. I chose cobalt blue as the pain ingredient is light sensitive.  Dave

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

juleskar
on 9/25/12 5:44 am
Dang Dave!! That is incredible! Let me know how the herbal pain relief works. I've got neuropathy in both legs from the knee down. It sucks and I feel bad for your wife. I live in the desert, so I've always had dry skin issues. Every time I take a shower I use baby oil on my skin before drying off. I also use lotion throughout the day. The hemp lotion I've used is good stuff.
Blondie76
on 9/27/12 12:15 pm - AL
Please don't put baby oil on your skin! It just sits there, blocks pores, and collects dirt. Use an oil that your skin can absorb like coconut oil, apricot kernel, or grapeseed. Your body will thank you! You can also infuse those.
BWB
on 9/27/12 2:58 pm
DMSO is claimed to carry medicine into the painful area. I have used it alone for sore knee joint and it works by relieving any inflammation. Try googling it. I buy it at a health food store.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics