high protein crunchy snacks

emilyschmimily
on 9/25/12 4:22 am - Oklahoma City, OK
so i've been a bad bad wls patient and have slipped off the bandwagon with my eating habits.

i've decided to get my act together and get back on the high protein, low carb train and try to get back into losing more weight.

i am running low on ideas for crunchy things to snack on during the day that are not chocked full of carbs.

i know edamame is a good option, has anyone tried roasted chick peas?

or does anyone have any good suggestions for a crunchy, salty snack that is high in protein?
tparham1
on 9/25/12 4:53 am - Royal Oak, MI
I love celery with low fat peanut butter for a snack.

macjuicy
on 9/25/12 4:56 am - FL
Apples are my fav snacks sometimes I will have an apple with some unsalted Almonds.. I def try and get protein in every meal

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

juleskar
on 9/25/12 5:12 am
I know that YouTube channel rockybarrigan has done a few recipes using chickpeas. If I remember correctly, she used chickpeas as a savory and as a cinnamon based recipe (salty vs sweet). I bought a can, but haven't used them yet. I haven't checked yet, but I'm sure either Bariatric Foodie and/or Eggface has some recipes
Tom D.
on 9/25/12 5:14 am
Prior to my surgury I made a batch of roasted chickpeas,  they were great the day I made them, sorta good the next day and not so good on the third day,  if was to make them again I would cook them a little longer and make them a little more crunchy and use more spice than the recipie called for.
SoCaPinkLady
on 9/25/12 5:53 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
I like snacking on Almonds. Either Lightly salted or Wasabi Soy.

Here's something you may like

Baked Zucchini chips.

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil & spray with canola oil. Set aside.   2 Slice zucchini into thin medallions with a mandoline slicer, about the thickness of a quarter.   3 Lay out slices on prepared baking sheet & spray tops lightly with additional cooking spray. Sprinkle with seasonings of your choice. (NOTE: Use LESS than what seems appropriate.)
You can use Parmasan cheese for some protein!!!!

These shrink considerably in the oven & if you use too much it gets very concentrated. It's better to end up underseasoning & add more later.)   4 Place in oven & bake 45 minutes. Rotate baking sheet & bake an additional 30 - 50 minutes, until chips are browned & crisped to your liking. These are best eaten within a couple hours of removing from the oven, as they start to get chewy if left out.

Lori                               

Dee.spunk
on 9/25/12 6:20 am - Sacramento, CA
Nut are a good snack full of healthy fats. Yes, they have high calories, but they also have protien and those good fats. Sunflower seeds maybe?

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Darcy S.
on 9/25/12 9:03 am - Clinton, CT
I order Snackery BBQ or cheese protein snacks from mybariatricpanrty.com Very yummy. Also the protein bars on this site ate good to keep in ur purse

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics