Finally an answer!!!!

Beth B.
on 9/25/12 5:09 am - Fayetteville, NC
As most of you know I have had one complication after another since surgery.  I had an upper GI done today and the Radiologist was fantastic and told me everything right then and there.  Ok you guys tell me if you have heard of this before and how you think they will "fix" it.  I was told that somehow food is still getting into my old stomach and it has no where to go once it gets there.  He tried to be upbeat and said he was sure they could fix it without to much invasion, but I don't see how.  I had been told earlier that it was all in my head and I was beginning to think I was just not use to my new tool and was being to sensitive, but I walked out of that hospital smiling and relieved that they found that I DO have something wrong with me.......I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow again...can't wait to hear how this plays out.  I have been so frustrated and now out of time at work....I hope it is a quick fix.

juleskar
on 9/25/12 5:22 am
My surgeon not only stapled my pouch/remnant stomach, but also severed the two. I have no idea how they would correct this, but I have a strong feeling that you're going to have surgery again. Please let us know why this happened and how it's gong to be corrected. One of the reasons we aren't allowed to take NSAID's, is because the remnant stomach could get ulcers and are very hard to detect.
Doesnt it feel good to know there is a reason behind your symptoms, and it's not in your head?!?
Take care!! 
BariatricBSN
on 9/25/12 5:24 am
Has anyone mentioned "gastrogastric fistula" to you?  Typically, the remnant or "old" stomach and the pouch will "migrate" back together and form a communication where food can go into the old stomach.  Generally, this is a complication that happens much later, usually because the staple line degrades.  I do hope they can just go in laparoscopically and fix this for you quickly.  All the best to you!

Marilyn101
on 9/25/12 5:34 am - FL
Well I am sure glad that now you know what is going on with you. The surgeon will now be able to do what is necessary for you to move forward and get better. Good luck and keep us posted.
Friendlybyte
on 9/25/12 6:38 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12
Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted!!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?