2 days pre-op NERVOUS

kattdjma
on 9/26/12 9:47 am - Cary, NC
Hi all, Im 2 days preop and nervous as heck, any advice will do.

kat J.
Tater84
on 9/26/12 9:53 am
RNY on 08/06/12
hi kat,

surgery is a big deal, i was definitely nervous too. try to keep yourself busy, make sure you have everything you need for the hospital, and for when you get home. clean house if you need to, cuz you won't feel like doing it when you get home.

keep us updated on how surgery goes! good luck!

SW: 387 (highest ever)
CW: 282
GW: 175

Kay1975
on 9/26/12 10:09 am - PA
You know what I did honestly.  I lived on here.  I looked at all the before and after pictures. And all the sucess stories.  This made me super excited.  In just a few days, u will be on this side. The losers bench.  TIll then keep busy, and remember you made it..... Good luck

Kay Kay

kattdjma
on 9/26/12 10:13 am - Cary, NC
Thanks, that is just what I did today, clean house...lol... and Ive been on this site for 3 hours. guess this is what Ill do all day tomorrow. Yes and I will keep you posted.  Hopefully I can figure out how to upload my pics... smh
tinamarie_125
on 9/26/12 7:49 pm
 It's normal to be nervous! You are about to make a huge step and probably one of the biggest changes of your life. Set your sights on future goals...exercise, protien, eating right, etc. I also bought a size 6 pair of pants and hung them on the outside of my closet door. I looked at them every day and it was my motivation to get into those. (Ps...I did get into them, but now wear a 7/8)
you can do this!
dmc7117
on 9/27/12 2:10 am - MA
RNY on 09/21/12
 What you are feeling is normal.  I am 6 days post-op and doing well.  Had open RNY, also had my gallbladder removed at same time.  Had surgery at 7:30 last Friday and was home Sunday afternoon.  Have had no issues/complications thus far.  Just having a little trouble getting in my alloted protein shakes (hate them).  Otherwise, feeling good.  I was worried about the catheter (no big deal at all!) and aneasthesia (spelling?) (last thing I remembered was being wheeled into operating room, next thing I remembered is waking up hours later, hearing soft voices in the background).  As long as you do what doctor suggests, you will be fine.  Just try to get walking as soon as possible and sip your water.  It's a learning experience for all of us but you will be fine.  You will be on the "other" side soon, please know that I am thinking of you and wishing you well.  
sharoncarrie
on 9/27/12 3:23 am - Garland, TX

Wishing you a smooth surgery & speedy recovery! Keep us posted...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics