I used to wonder if I would ever be able to enjoy food again

artroxy blue
on 9/26/12 10:25 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Thanks for sharing! I can relate--my mother's family is from North Carolina, and my father's family is Jewish. Lots of fried chicken, latkes and brisket in my past! LOL

I love cooking, too, and it has a learning curve with the new lifestyle. Cooking Light is great, and I also like vegetariantimes.com and eatingwell.com. 
Barbara C.
on 9/26/12 11:52 pm - Raleigh, NC

I agree that there is a learning curve when it comes to learning new ways to cook in general, as well as finding new ways to enjoy old favorites. While I started learning new cooking techniques while I waloosing my excess weight, I really started perfecting my new culinary style after I had attained my maintenance weight. 

We've lived in North Carolina for about a decade. My mother's family is from Texas, so you can imagine how much brisket we've had... Barbecued and roasted. LOL... Of course, things like latkes, blintzes, and kugel, my grandmothers homemade creamed corn, butter beans, and chicken fried steak with cream gravy and mashed potatoes... Over the years since my surgery, I've actually been able to we joy all of these things while maintaining my weight. This surgery and learning to leverage my tools have really been a blessing.

Thanks for sharing your other resources that you enjoy. I also really like eatingwell and plan to check vegetariantimes.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?