Surgery Tomorrow

kattdjma
on 9/27/12 7:11 am - Cary, NC
sitting on edge.. and hungry, drinking all day today before surgery. Nerves are calmer but fidgety, been told that is normal.  My question is if I have the right Protein drinks for when I come home. I have been given sooooooo many options over the past several months, I cant remember which ones are best. Any suggesttions on what works and does not work. I guess Im mainly concerned about getting the protein in... Thanks  Any advice will do....

Kat J
Dolores L.
on 9/27/12 7:21 am - FL
Revision on 08/14/12
I bought a few of the Isopure (clear) protein drinks for my first week on clear liquids, then I switched to vanilla protein powder, greek yogurt and Torani flavorings.

What everyone says about your taste changing after surgery: it REALLY does. Don't invest in a lot of stuff until you know what you like post op. I have $ of stuff I will never consume because I really dislike the taste.

Good luck tomorrow! You will be post-op before you know it and heading down the road to the new you! Keep in touch!!

ddematteis
on 9/27/12 7:31 am - FL
 congrats!! ME TOO!!  i bought grab-n-go sample packs of all the sytrax nectars i thought i might like and i also ordered Optimum Nutrition chocolate and Optimum Nutrition Any Whey (non flavored)  so i figure im bound to at least like some of them if not i always have the plain to add to stuff.  GOOD LUCK tomorrow
Carmen C.
on 9/27/12 7:54 am
RNY on 08/08/12
My doctor had my on a special plan so I couldn't do protein drinks.. but good luck with surgery..

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

artroxy blue
on 9/27/12 8:15 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Follow your doctor's recommendations for protein powders. If they don't recommend particular brands, read labels and make sure it's sugar-free, low carb, high protein (20g or higher per serving). You mentioned you've tried lots of samples, so it's a matter of finding several you can tolerate. I'd recommend getting vanilla and unflavored, but also get other flavors you'd like. You'll want to have plenty of variety. ;) Try to get some samples of savory protein powders, too. They'll come in handy when you get tired of the sweetness. 
Susanv1966
on 9/27/12 8:29 am
 Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow. I ordered the Unjury protein online. What was nice about them was that they had single serve packets. It allowed me to try several flavors before I ordered a container. They also have a chicken soup which has a lot of protein in it.

Adele V.
on 9/27/12 8:36 am - Sussex, NJ
Congrats and good luck tomorrow, my surgery was 9 months ago and it is the best thing I have done for myself.
My doctor had me on clear liquids for two weeks so i used Isopure.  It is fine for that time period but could not continue to drink.  I then went to and still drink GNC's extreme wheybotic protein. love the chocolate.  Need to mix and drink it in half dose, so it is one and a half scoops for 30 grams of protein. And you do not need to mix with allot of water it is not a thick shake, two of them a day and you are getting 60 grams of protein.
Adele

PS I have lost 115 lbs and have about 20 to go...... I feel great and you will too.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 322 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?