Need Help Breaking a Stall

alwaysbrandi
on 9/26/12 11:44 pm - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
I am 12 weeks out and the day of surgery I weighed 284. Today I am 235. I have fluctuated between 232 and 239 for the past 4 weeks and am getting so frustrated. I thought I broke the stall when I was 232 but the next day I was right back up again. I went over my diet with the nutritionist and she's happy with it. She just wants me watching my protein and sugar, she doesn't have me count calories, carbs or anything. I'm eating a few small meals a day and drinking a protein shake for lunch. I'm working out 30-60 minutes a day and am getting all of my water in. I'm taking my vitamins religiously and I'm just at a loss (or not at a loss lol).

I'm travelling to AZ (from NY) in a few weeks and it's going to be hot there (compared to here) and I have some shorts I'd like to fit a little more comfortably in (think 5-10 lbs maybe)and I can't believe I'm not losing.

Should I just focus on getting my protein in with the least amount of food possible and try to up my work outs? I'm super frustrated. My family keeps asking if I'm cheating bc I'm not losing any weight. *rips hair out*

HW : 320 - SW : 284 - Surgeon's GW : 169 - My GW : 140

Bren0430
on 9/26/12 11:59 pm - Canyon, TX
RNY on 05/11/12
 My dr has a program where if you haven't lost a pound in a week you go on a 3 protien a day diet until you lose that pound and 1 more. Works every time. 

alwaysbrandi
on 9/27/12 12:03 am - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
Hmm not a bad idea. Hard to deal with the blender at the office, but I have Sat, Sun, Mon off, so I'll do it then!

Dee.spunk
on 9/27/12 12:09 am - Sacramento, CA
Just out of curiosity, what does a 3-protien-a-day-diet consist of?

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Dee.spunk
on 9/27/12 12:07 am - Sacramento, CA
Your twelve weeks out and that's when most hit their first stall. Try not to worry about the scale so much. You will lose more. Did you take measurements? If you did, now is the time to check your measurements again. Usually when you hit a stall, you're loosing inches. Even if you didn't take measurements, you can tell by how your clothes starts fitting. This is the time your body is readjusting. I recommend taking your measurements anyways, that way next time you hit a stall you can see how many inches you've lost.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

alwaysbrandi
on 9/27/12 12:23 am - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
Yes I do take measurements. I will take them again today.

Bren0430
on 9/27/12 12:27 am - Canyon, TX
RNY on 05/11/12
 That's it 3 protein drinks a day. nothing else except your Vitamens and water. I usually do 1 day and lose the 2 lbs. It's in is plan to stop the stalls. 

Weigh daily & record
if you gain you're in "time out" until you lose that pound plus one more. 
If you don't lose any weight in 7 days you're in "time out" 
"time out" being water, crystal light, and 3 protien drinks a day. You may have sugar free gum.

this is what the copy says that hangs on my bathroom mirror. 
I go up & down 1-2#s so much that I basically just do the 7 day plan & it works for me. 

Larry Wassmann
on 9/27/12 1:15 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Do what your PCP and NUT tell you, but I just do not understand not counting calories. If I eat 3 high protein meals and eat 4500 calories total per day, I would not only NOT lose weight but would be gaining each day no matter if I played racket ball 8 hours a day. I know you are not doing that, but still if you don’t count things how do you know how much your are putting in the old engine?

My suggestion would be to get a calorie number, no matter what it is, from your surgeon. They must have some idea and then set up a plan based on that calorie level and record it on some program like MFP and if you are honest with it I bet you will kill your stall.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

alwaysbrandi
on 9/27/12 1:56 am - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
I can't imagine I'm eating too many calories :

Today :
B - 2 oz Tuna w/ Lowfat Mayo, Chopped Garlic and Green Onions and about 4 Cubes of Sharp Cheese
L - Protein Shake - GNC Total Lean 25
S - 6 pieces of pepperoni microwaved and blotted until crisp
D - 2 thin pieces of Roast Beef and a Laughing Cow Spreadable Light Cheese Wedge

But anything is possible. I will call and ask for a ballpark number to stay around!

Sarah R.
on 9/27/12 1:36 am
Its normal to hit a stall at that particular time. Keep doing what you are doing and the weight loss will start again. Our bodies take little breaks to catch up and at 3 months, 6 months and 9 months seem to be pretty standard in the first year.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 219 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics