2 Months Out - Need Food Ideas

Jennifer P.
on 9/30/12 12:40 pm - MN
RNY on 07/31/12
 So I'm two months out from surgery and need more ideas on snacks and such now that I'm eating more normal food.  I'm on "easy to chew" foods, so not quite anything, but not on soft foods either.  Ideas?

Strjen
on 9/30/12 12:46 pm - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12
I do alot of deli ham & cheese rollups. Pinto's & cheese. Cut up apples or banana's with peanut butter. I use those multi grain w/flax seed flatout bread thingies & spread peanut butter on it with a little grape jelly & roll it up. Cheese string. Homemade Veg. beef soup. Just some of the things I eat.

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

Strjen
on 9/30/12 12:48 pm - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

I can only handle half of a flatout too. Sometimes I will make tuna melt's with them or like a grilled cheese. I love to make omelettes too.

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

Jennifer P.
on 9/30/12 12:51 pm - MN
RNY on 07/31/12
 Thank you!  All great ideas!

Mendie Thompson
on 9/30/12 1:11 pm - TX
RNY on 09/24/12
 Someone posted a site suggestion (not sure who it was, but I LOVE you).  Check out www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

I was just going through her site and found an enormous list of homemade protein ice creams...more flavors than baskin Robbins for sure! She has a ton of recipes that I've started listing for when I start eating again. 

I had pretty much settled myself on the no more ice cream thing, then found her list...I told my husband I'm making these!  I'll be in HEAVEEEEN...he said "What, you're not in heaven with me??"  I said of coarse I am (since I really do have the best husband in the WORLD), but if I can be in heaven with you AND a bowl of ice cream, damn straight I will!!  :D

Jennifer P.
on 9/30/12 1:38 pm - MN
RNY on 07/31/12
LMAO!  That sounds like my husband and I hahaha!

Kat Kat
on 9/30/12 1:29 pm - AZ
Here are ideas that I hope help.

Wendy's Chili with cheese
Ham and Cheese Omelet with Salsa
Ham and cheese roll-ups with spicy mustard
Coco Lights topped with tuna, sf jam and peanut butter, or ham salad
Oatmeal with sugar free maple syrup and mashed banana
Meatballs in sauce, with melted provolone cheese and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese
Slow cooked (crock pot) beef or chicken stew

Kat

Leslie M.
on 9/30/12 1:58 pm - AL
All the above are great.

Also I used a lot of cottage cheese and baked or broiled fish.  Fish was the easiest protein on my system probably because it was soft.

For snacks I was using the string mozzarella sticks, deli slices of meat and cheese, and mini-crab cakes....I used to find frozen ones that were high in protein and were delicious!

Allen Y.
on 9/30/12 2:20 pm - Garland, TX
 I eat a lot of fish just cause it's so tender and easy on the pouch. For snacks, I eat tomatoes, cucumber, perhaps even melon. Every so often almonds.

Chicken is good too. I can eat red meat if I am very careful to get it tender and take very small bites and chew it well.

MissLisaD
on 9/30/12 2:40 pm - CA
RNY on 05/31/12
I have a new obsession: 

Banana Protein Muffins: 

Ingredients

3/4 cup Ripe banana (about 1 large banana)
3/4 cup Egg whites
1/2 cup Plain low fat greek yogurt (I used plain Chobani yogurt)
3/4 cup Oats (use gluten free if sensitive to gluten)
2 scoops Vanilla protein powder (I used Designer Whey™, or you could use any flavor you would like!)
1/4 cup Baking stevia OR 1/2 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar 1
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, or line with silicone or foil liners, (spray liners if using).

Place all of the ingredients in a blender, (or food processor), and blend until mixture is smooth.

3. Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins.

Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

(Note: be sure to use either silicone or foil liners with the paper insert removed because they will stick, as does any muffin made with oats rather than flour!)

58 Calories Per Serving
9 Carbs
7 grams protein
2g fiber
1 g sugar

HW: (265 in 2007) Consult weight: 247 SW: 221 CW:151.8 GW:140     

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?