I think I hit the first little stall

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 9/30/12 9:51 am
RNY on 09/17/12
2wks out....and the scale hasn't moved in 3days.  I know, I know...I shouldn't weight myself everyday...it will drive me crazy.  I'm putting it up now!!!  I'm not really upset because I expected it.  Plus, I know I'm not eating enough protein or food period.  My body has never responded  well to starvation.  So, I'll just keep on trucking!

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

LJ1972
on 9/30/12 10:51 am - FL
Glad to see you taking a realistic approach! Weighing constantly will make you crazy lol

Go get 'em~!

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

Kimberly E.
on 9/30/12 10:52 am - VA
RNY on 09/05/12
I had my surgery on 9/5 so I am 3 days shy of being 4 weeks out.  My scale just moved for the first time in 8 days this morning.  Like you, I wasn't upset because this site taught me to expect these things to happen.  It sure was great to see the number go down again though!

Price S.
on 9/30/12 11:25 am - Mills River, NC
Celebrate following your program, getting in your water, getting in your protein and the scale will take care of itself.  You can hold yourself responsible for those things.  You can't make the scale say something you want to see but you can control what will make it go in the right direction. 

Your right, just keep on keeping on. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

kcarlson0814
on 9/30/12 11:37 am - CA
RNY on 09/10/12
I'm with you, tomorrow is my 3 weeks and the scale hasn't moved in about 5 days now... I'm with the people below, focus on liquids/protien and I'm hoping the scale will start to move again soon.
HW: 300 / Lapband Low: 247 / RNY: 9/10/12          
longhornrose
on 9/30/12 11:40 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
Please don't take this wrong, but. . . I'm so happy to hear your scale hasn't moved!  At least, it sounds like you've lost a little; I haven't lost a pound yet.  Seriously, I'm sorry for the stall; believe me, I understand the frustration. 

From what I'm hearing and reading, I'm just not getting enough protein, and maybe not enough calories.  Probably not enough fluids, either, although it seems like all I do all day is drink and take vitamins, and then throw in a little food in once in awhile.  I'm guessing my body has gone into starvation mode.  I've added in some protein shakes, and working on getting more water, so hopefully, the tide will turn.

Like you said, keep on truckin'.  We've come this far, we can't stop now!  Good luck, kiddo.

Beth  

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 9/30/12 12:20 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
Hang in there Beth.  I'm not sure why you haven't lost.  Have you called the NUT to ask?  It's hard to get in the protein, but I suspect it gets easier.  I'm averaging about 45g a day...not too bad, but not the recommended amount.  I just feel like I can't possibly push another thing in my mouth lol.  And you're right, we've come this far....not like we have a choice now!!!

Shannon

daphneb
on 9/30/12 4:44 pm - AK
 Wish I had read this before I posted about my stall.  Tomorrow will be two weeks since the scale hasn't moved, in fact it crept up nearly four pounds and made its way back down again to the point of where my lowest had been.  I had not been working out like I had hoped to be and have now since started the real exercise program.  

I am hoping this will trick my body into letting me drop now.  However, at 49lbs of loss, it was bound to stall finally.  But two weeks is killing me! Enough already!  I'm not cheating, getting my fluids, and getting my protein...some days less but mostly doing well.

So tough to take sometimes.  I know were not suppose to weigh every day, but that number is a heck of a lot better than where I started.

That's what I keep saying to myself - however, I have lost more inches in the last couple of weeks.  Is it possible to lose inches and not weight?
a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 9/30/12 9:49 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
Yes, it totally is!  I don't know about you, but I'll take what I can get!!!

Shannon

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics