Ahhh bra or Genie bra wich do u like better??

marty69
on 9/30/12 12:58 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
Well I am really needing a new bra. and i thought these type should work well for a while as i still have 200 lbs to lose. Which of these have any of you used? which one did you prefer and why. T y

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

Kat Kat
on 9/30/12 1:09 pm - AZ
Neither, they both provide no support for us big boobed women.

Joke:
Funny Saggy Boob

BugdocMom
on 9/30/12 4:27 pm - CA
Bwaahahahaha! You're killing me!
scarlettbegonias
on 9/30/12 1:12 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 LLoll what sexykat said.

i can't handle the lack of support so I only use mine for sleeping and post surgery, Im Only a DD but I'm not wandering the hospital hall without them kinda confined!!

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

Ladytazz
on 9/30/12 1:37 pm
I'm the opposite.  I'm a DD and I love my Genie bra.  I have only purchased those because they are a lot cheaper then the Ahh bra but I actually ordered a few of the Ahh bras last night on Ebay because they were a really good deal, I think around $6 each.  I bought both size Small and Medium because those were the sizes that were on sale.  With the Genie bra I find that both the Small and Medium sizes are kind of tight but that is fine with me because they do provide me with support.  I bought some from their website that are a thinner material and some at Bed, Bath and Beyond that had the inserts and I haven't noticed much of a difference in those, either.  In fact, since I bought my first Genie bra about a year ago I have almost always worn a Genie bra.  I like it also because even if it shows it looks like a tank top so I wear it with things that have thin straps and low cut things with no problem. I have looked at the Ahh bra and to tell you the truth they look virtually identical to the Genie bra but I will be able to tell you more after I get mine and wear it. I have heard that the secret to getting good support is to get a smaller size then what you wear and that seems to be the case with me because, like I said, I feel totally supported with mine.  And the thing I like best is that I feel they really minimize my size so I don't feel like I look so top heavy.  I don't have the money for a reduction or a lift so this is the next best thing.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

BugdocMom
on 9/30/12 4:28 pm - CA
I haven't ever heard of the Ahhh bra, but I see lots of posts about the Genie bra and it seems like every one of them is positive. I haven't used either one myself.
grmadeb01
on 10/1/12 12:01 am - FL
i was wondering the same thing...i have tried on so many bras that i just cant see buying either of those with out trying them on first....i need new ones too, but just cant seem to find ones that fit.....after 100 pounds lost i am still a 42 DD....but they are getting loose and the 40s well they give me arm pit boobs...bummed there arent half sizes in bras...haha
have a great day
debby
Hillery82211
on 10/1/12 2:56 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
Please whatever you do....do NOT buy either of these bras.  Boobs are not ment to sit on your stomach.  That doesn't mean they have to be high enough to rest your chin on either, but the genie bra is a glorified round the house no support sports bra and should NEVER EVER EVER be worn in public.

Just buy real bras.  I'm still losing and I just buy two bras at a time in my new size and wear and wash em to death.  By the time they are falling apart, I'm ready to move down a size.  That way, the girls get the suppor they need, and you get a waist line that you can see actually shrinking because the girls are up and out of the way. 
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
Jodi234
on 10/1/12 4:17 am
RNY on 03/20/13 with
All I wear are Genie bras and I find the support okay.  One negative for me however, is that I sweat a lot and the Genie bra isn't absorbent at all.  Also, I recommend ordering one size larger. Otherwise you will have a battle getting it on even though they stretch. 
Jewelsstevens
on 10/1/12 6:00 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
I am a DD and I bought the Genie Bra. I was very disappointed in it. Walmart sells them. You should try it on before you buy it.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404