Anyone own WLS for Dummies?

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 10/6/12 7:37 am
RNY on 09/17/12
I was looking through the book for soft food phase and they have sample 6day menu.  The thing about it is it averages about 900cal a day.....I'm barely getting in 450.  It also includes toast, salad and some other things I didn't think we were allowed to have at this stage.  What do y'all think?

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Missy A.
on 10/6/12 9:53 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
I read the book/own the book, but I never noticed their sample menu. I would just stick with your plan. I am 7 weeks out and haven't had any toast or salads.

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

JJ_
on 10/6/12 10:54 am
Not all soft food stages are the same from bariatric centre to bariatric centre.  I would follow the guidelines of the nutrition plan you were given.

Salad is not a soft food.  Perhaps the lettuce or tomatoes may be soft;.....cucumbers NOT.

The idea of  the different food stages is so your insides can heal from major surgery. 

Judy
Larry Wassmann
on 10/6/12 1:19 pm, edited 10/6/12 1:20 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

I have the book and use it. I do not do the sample menus. I pick and choose from the stage I am in and stay within the calorie limit set by my NUT and Surgeons. But l love many of the dishes in the book they are real great tasting and give you some variation so that you don’t end up getting bored with your meals. I have 6 books like WLS for Dummies but like it the best.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Kid_Icarus
on 10/6/12 4:24 pm
 I was considering buying it. Would you recommend it?

It's RNY outside. 
     (3/12/12)      

conch59
on 10/6/12 11:55 pm - Charleston, SC
My surgery is a few weeks away. I have the book and do recommend it. There is far more information in it that i found very helpful other than recipes. My food plan will also be different but I got it for both ideas and the other information offered (emotional highs and lows, what to expect, explains complicarions, explains why you should and should not do certain things, etc.) I find it very helpful.
Kathleen
Annie_Anaba
on 10/7/12 6:46 am
RNY on 08/27/12
My daughter-in-law has it and they gave it away as a door prize at my support group. They also gave away  Weight Loss Surgery: Finding The Thin Person Inside You! by Barbara Thompson. It's talks about before, during and after surgery....no diet plans though. WLS For Dummies has some great recipes in it. We make white chicken chili about every 2 weeks.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 534 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics