1st day of 14 day preop --very hard day but I conquered it...

waiting_2_xhale
on 10/9/12 11:50 am - TX
I was in for a rude awakening. I didn't realize that i depended on food so much. I was good throughout the day drinking my water and taking my vitamins and calicum...I even drank my protein shakes with no problem and had a snack of 1/2 diced up tomatoe with Mrs. dash. But this evening was my meltdown. I didn't cheat but I was upset that I couldn't have anything solid to eat. I know it was just a head hunger game that i overcame. I just needed to vent to others that know how i feel...I will make it....

Philippians 4:13....I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.....
Rita

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me Thank you Lord for giving me another day to live ♥. Another day to worship & praise you!
No Weapon formed against you shall prosper,And every tongue which rises against you in judgment ...You shall condemn...  
UBet2012
on 10/9/12 12:04 pm - IL
RNY on 09/17/12
Keep really busy so you don't think about it. It will get easier. Keep drinking that will make you feel full. Good Luck, you will make it! It is so worth it!!
waiting_2_xhale
on 10/10/12 12:57 am - TX
Thanks for the advice....It was a rude awakening...I knew what had to be done but I didn't think it would be that hard. I will conquer my hunger...
Rita

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me Thank you Lord for giving me another day to live ♥. Another day to worship & praise you!
No Weapon formed against you shall prosper,And every tongue which rises against you in judgment ...You shall condemn...  
Pittsteelers
on 10/9/12 12:58 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
Good luck!!!! I only had to do 3 days of liquid pre-op. But I got very tired and spent a lot of time sleeping or watching tv in my bedroom, far away from the kitchen!!!

waiting_2_xhale
on 10/10/12 1:06 am - TX
Thank you so much....
Rita

justinplex
on 10/9/12 4:31 pm - Kilgore, TX
 I am now onto my 10th day of the pre-op liquid diet. By the 3rd day I had tons of energy and felt really great. Then it just kinda became normal and it hit me, that I really didn't need to eat all thos foods when I was hungry like I used to. It was a revelation. Yeah even as I type this I am hungry, but its not that bad. You will make it, it'll be a "piece of cake" before you know it. 
 Justin T. Johnson                            
justinplex
on 10/9/12 4:32 pm - Kilgore, TX
 Oh and beef broth is my friend. Chicken too, but beef really satisfy's the meat lover. 
 Justin T. Johnson                            
waiting_2_xhale
on 10/10/12 1:08 am - TX
thank you so much...I'm going it the store for some veggies today...I need something with a crunch...maybe baked summer squash and tomatoes or something....
Rita

Elizabeth G.
on 10/9/12 10:09 pm - RI
RNY on 10/18/12
Hi Rita,

I'm doing a pre-op liquids only diet too.  When it gets bad, I tell myself, "it's ok to be hungry." I was so used to always topping myself off that whenever I got the pangs, I would think I was going to die, pass out, etc.  During the lead up to surgery, I try to calm myself by repeating the mantra: It's ok to be hungry.

Definitely gets me through that post-dinner crunch time. Oh and beef broth like the OP stated. Thank goodness for broth!

Liz
waiting_2_xhale
on 10/10/12 1:13 am - TX
Hi Liz,

Thank you so so much....I know i was used to always cooking and having a big dinner with the family.I'm going to challenge myself tonight to sit down with the family but I'll have my shake or broth...thanks again
Rita

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 239 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics